OT: or not; Favorite Misspellings

This is tilting at windmills I know, but maybe someone out there will be helped by knowing which are the most common woodworking misspellings here on rec.woodworking and elsewhere. Feel free to chime in with your favorites as well.

Loose means a thing that is not tight. Lose is misplacing something.

Joiner is someone who joins (wood, clubs, whatever) Jointer is that tool that flattens a face and an edge of a board

Planner is one of those books with a yearly calendar, or a person who plans. Planer is a tool to make 2 faces of a board parallel.

Ah, I feel better now haveing gotten that off my cheast (sic).

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

Angle is a shape formed by two lines diverging from a common point. Anvil is a heavy block of iron on which metals are shaped by hammering. A nail is a slender pointed metal fastener designed to be pounded in. Anal is someone overly concerned about other people's misspellings.

Reply to
Just Wondering

And let us never forget:

woo dorker cow orker

Reply to
frankholland

You loosed me on that.

Reply to
Leon

You loosed me on that.

Reply to
Leon

Jim Weisgram, vice vise Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Two times ...

Reply to
Swingman

Cheap - inexpensive Cheep - a noise made by a young chicken

Reply to
Nova

and the always popular there/their/they're

Doug Winterburn

I can't give much respect to a website called "better-english" when they have such blatant errors in their own tests.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm amused when I run the model name of a shotgun through the spell checker in Word or other MS business apps... Browning Citori. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

LMAO ww

Reply to
WW

We previously had this discussion here and you lost last time, too.

LMAO ww

Reply to
m II

You can add "Buss", a company name, to that list. An electrical or transportation vehicle **BUS** only has a single "S".

This is tilting at windmills I know, but maybe someone out there will be helped by knowing which are the most common woodworking misspellings here on rec.woodworking and elsewhere. Feel free to chime in with your favorites as well.

Loose means a thing that is not tight. Lose is misplacing something.

Joiner is someone who joins (wood, clubs, whatever) Jointer is that tool that flattens a face and an edge of a board

Planner is one of those books with a yearly calendar, or a person who plans. Planer is a tool to make 2 faces of a board parallel.

Ah, I feel better now haveing gotten that off my cheast (sic).

Reply to
m II
**YOU** were the one inserting the answer into the sentence! If you didn't apply the capital, where appropriate, don't blame anybody else.

capitalized. I can't give much respect to a website called "better-english" when they have such blatant errors in their own tests.

Reply to
m II

It was multiple choice, dipshit.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Happens alot so it is a mute point.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

flourescent lights

Reply to
F Murtz

They're the ones with flour in them that produces the white color.

Reply to
willshak

Its/it's

less/fewer (Bloody NOBOODY uses fewer nowadays, damnit.)

There's many (Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!)

In today's world, the list is illiterately endless.

-- I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. --Duke Ellington

Reply to
Larry Jaques