OT: Opening Day

Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today! Were born again, theres new grass on the field. A-roundin third, and headed for home, its a brown-eyed handsome man; Anyone can understand the way I feel.
Chorus: Oh, put me in, coach - Im ready to play today; Put me in, coach - Im ready to play today; Look at me, I can be centerfield.
Well, I spent some time in the mudville nine, watchin it from the bench; You know I took some lumps when the mighty casey struck out. So say hey willie, tell ty cobb and joe dimaggio; Dont say it aint so, you know the time is now.
Chorus
Yeah! I got it, I got it!
Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes; You know I think its time to give this game a ride. Just to hit the ball and touch em all - a moment in the sun; (pop) its gone and you can tell that one goodbye!
Chorus Chorus Yeah!
Published with the permission of the only man alive who could give it.
Enjoy.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:51:50 -0400, Tom Watson wrote:

<...>
And the fans said- A Men! And the fans said- A Men! And the fans said- A Men!
Glory hallelujah!
--
The only thing worse than a Cubs fan is a happy Cubs fan.
-Joe Wells

Now if it would only stop raining...
Patriarch, waiting for spring to _really_ arrive...
Tom Watson wrote:

Now you know how I felt last Friday!
And so far the Astro's are undefeated. ;~)

Dodgers have loss every game this season! Lousy management!
Dave

... but how are the Rangers doing? ;-)

Who are the Rangers? ;~)
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:19:18 +0000, Leon wrote:

That's one of those new minor league teams that plays by funny rules.
--
-Joe Wells

"Here stands baseball's perfect warrior. Here stands baseball's perfect knight."
I've heard of another minor league team like that called the Reds. A friend told me about a big red machine that the Reds had. I can't picture what kind of machine it was. Maybe a Shopsmith.

If it was a big red machine, it was probably a Milwaukee hammer drill.
or mayhaps a Hilti?????

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 23:10:53 GMT, "noonenparticular"

Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, Dave Concepcion, George Foster, Ken Griffey, Cesar Geronimo.
Good Lord...
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
I know. I grew up an hour from Cincy. They are just gone so far away from the big red machine days. I used to go see them all the time. I still have the scar from getting caught in Pedro Borbon's car door while I was trying to get an autograph.

Seems like yesterday to me.
Must be an age thing.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Tom,
My tongue was firmly in cheek when replying. I'm not such a whipper snapper that I don't remember with fondness that pre-animal vitamin bygone era.
regards,
jc
And the Braves are on their way to a 15th division and another loss in the divisional series.