OT: One serious hunk of global warming.

I have crossed this lake many times. One night, it was so calm, the water so mirror-like, that the stars in the sky reflected downward into the water, effectively doing away with any sense of the horizon. Outer space travel. Then the Northern Lights lit up, almost knocking me on my ass. I could almost hear them.

It's been a tad frosty up there this winter, she's frozen over.

's a bit more info on that Superior of Lakes... for those who are interested.

Robatoy

for all the money. Too damn cold for me and would be less time to ride the motorcycle.

Reply to
SBH

More places to ride a snow machine.

Reply to
HeyBub

get above 46F, 36" below the surface.

Superior is a beautiful but also is a very dangerous body of water for the unwise.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down . . ."

Reply to
J. Clarke

live on Neebish Island.

Reply to
Bob Alexander

Well , different strokes. You get skiing and snowshoeing to balance hiking in the warmer months. If you really need a motorized ride, try a snow mobile. If you really want a thrill, try ice sailing.

Personally, I couldn't stand the summer heat of the southern months. I moved back to Michigan, partly to get some real winters. When I talk with my brother in Tucson, I think that I am glad to be somewhere with normal seasons.

Reply to
Bob Haar

Now you've done it. I have the song running in loops through my head. Have you visited the light house museum at Whitefish point?

Reply to
Bob Haar

"But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the lakes for granted. They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted." But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall, And her lover's gone into a white squall."

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I am about 1000 km South of Salt Saint Suzie. Quite a bit shorter through Michigan. I am at the Southern tip of Lake Huron. Sarnia, to be precise... on the Molson side.

Reply to
Robatoy