OT - one last time

Page 6 of 7

You also have thus far declined to give us any indication of what you meant by Wilson being a 'fibber' on 'a lot of things'.
Afraid to?
--

FF

Jeez, Fred, read the friggin' news.
Even through the bias, Wilson comes up strange.

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:50:47 -0400, George wrote:
I don't see Fred's posts any more, but all he has to do to find out what I meant is google up "+joe +wilson +discredited". To save him the effort, go to:
<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A39834-2004Jul9.html?referrer=emailarticle
-Doug

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples
then you and I will still each have one apple.

A simple 'yes' would have been adequate.
--

FF

Larry I am coming to your house to take all your tools. I am giving you 3 months warning and when I come, I am bringing my bull dozer and a army with me to insure that I capture the tools on your premises.
Are going to sit on them and let me take them ????
OR
Are you going to hide them somewhere else with 3 months to find a place that is far away from where I will be looking?
I too would like for us to find the weapons so that we don't share the fate of the citizens of Iraq and Iran have witnessed in the past.

Leon wrote:

Problem is, no matter what is now found it's still too late to justify this so called war.
I may be an idealist, I figure there should be evidence before trying, convicting and carrying out sentence.
--
{neatly edited}
This ain't an American court of law, Mark.

Well Lybia has decided to reveil its WMD's program. Seems this war may be a deturant for those nations thinking about going the Iraq route. 20/20 hind site is easy for any one and Monday morning quarterbacking does not mean much to me.

There was evidence.. Remember the war with Iran, and the weapons used on Iraq's own people?

Remember the 1991 war that destroyed the manufacturing facilites for those weapons? It was a high priority target. Oddly enough, in 2003 there was no equivalent target in Iraq, despite Rumsfled's declaration that we knew where the WMDs were.
--

FF

I think you mis-spelled "ten years", Leon, but yes.

If I really thought you were coming with an army I'd give them to you because if instead I hid them you and that army and your bulldozer would kill me and destroy my house.
Only, what if I had no tools? How would I stop you then? How would I prove to you that I had no tools? How would anyone?

Where are the WMD factories? Where is the residual trace evidence from production? Where are the people who did the manufacturing? Where are the leftover feedstocks? Where is the trace evidence in the soil and water?
--

FF

Then why post? "This is all I have to say and it's the last word"?

I'm sorry that the WMDs that he was given more than a decade to hide have not been found.

So's the rest of the world. Don't worry, they'll turn up.
"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

... damn, and we wasted all that money on UN weapon's inspectors when all we had to do was ask Larry?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Anything he hid a decade ago is no longer of any use, except as propaganda.

Right.
--

FF

Mustard gas from WW1 is still deadly, Fred. The sarin shell that turned up was at full potency (it's a binary weapon, you see, and doesn't become Sarin until they're combined. The precursors are stable.)
Maybe you haven't noticed, but Iraq is largely _desert_. Perfect place to store things underground, and when you have more than a decade to do it, well, nevermind. You're not going to be convinced by mere facts and logic.
THis is, of course, off-topic for rec.woodworking. Please feel free to follow-up to an appropriate newsgroup and I will follow as necessary.

It is true that mustard gas is long-lived. IIRC, it is pretty rough on the shells though. A ten-year old shell would be of questionable effectiveness. Deadly may be an exageration. Mustard gas inflicts terrible crippling injuries rather than killing which is what makes it effective as a weapon. It leaves the enemy with legions of wounded to care for.
But more to the point, UNMOVIC was able to account for all but about 500 mustard gas shells or arial bombs. Those unaccounted for were not sufficient to be militarily effective.

The two GIs who were exposed suffered mild symptons were treated and returned to duty within a week. While it is true that the components in the shell were not properly (e.g. optimally mixed) it seems likely that they were exposed to more than the proverbial 'drop'. WHile it is true that binary munitions are used to increase the shelf life of Sarin that shelf life is dependant also on the purity of the binary components. Can you show that the sarin shell has been analyzed (by people who actually had the shell in thei posession, not a FOX talking head) and found it to be at full potency?

The same argument applies to the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster, and extraterrestial beings.
--

FF

You made the points here, Fred, and it has OT in the subject line. If you choose not to participate, that's up to you, but I'm answering your claims where you made them.

Cite, please?

So it's OK that he had 'em then, right?

Yeah, because what's 500 WMD between friends? Or is this not WMD because crippled for life isn't "Destruction", it's just "Uncomfortable"? WMU?

Ding! We have a winner! Due to the handling, they prevented it from performing as designed. Somehow this is Bush's fault, I'm sure.

Can you show the time/temperature/potency characteristics of the Sarin precursors in question to back up your claim that it was too old to be effective?

Except of course, that we know he had the WMDs, because we sold them some, the French sold him more, he used 'em a few times, he continued to say he had 'em, your boys Klinton and Kerry said "He's got 'em and needs to be stopped" (yes, I can supply quotes and dates and you know it), and on and on.
Odd that you'd come into this topic days after it had died out, get called by basic logic and facts, and then do the "This is OT so I don't want to talk about it" ploy. Seems that maybe you were hoping to encounter less resistance to your illogic and deceptions?
See:
Or,
<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=fredfighter&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d&selm 427f7c.0407201208.3b81c1ff%40posting.google.com&rnum=6>
--

FF

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Usually only children behave this way.

No shit, in theory I too have the capability.

Is it getting cold in Hell?
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio