OT - one last time

Page 3 of 7
Will do, Morris.
Kevin
--
=====
"Morris Dovey" < snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com> wrote in message
βœ–
Didn't someone high up in this administration say "We know they had weapons of mass destruction because we gave them to them." (the "we" was not the current administration)
As I recall, we backed ( read: provided weaponry, spare parts and "technical assistance) Saddam during the Iraq/Iran war, which went on for almost a decade and cost both sides hundreds of thousands of casualties.
What truly amazes me is that the people of most of the countries where we "assisted" the military dictator "fight communism" can distinguish between an individual United States citizen and the US government policies that caused them so much grief. They may dislike an individual "American" but not for merely being an "American" but rather because of the individuals behavior, not nationality.
just something to think about.
charlie b
ps - if you're curious about our track record in "Latin America" do a Google search with the key words "United Fruit" + Dulles (there were two Dulles men in influential US government position - one the Secretary of State and his brother was the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. Both were major share holders of United Fruit stock and John Foster Dulles was the United Fruit lawyer who "negotiated" most of United Fruit's land and business contracts for a good chunk of the airable (sp?) land through out Latin America.
Add pictures here
βœ–

More than that, we also sent the US Navy into the Gulf and fought directly against Iranian forces to protect Iraqi and Kuwaiti shipping. As later events showed, the Kuwaiti shipping was the more important to us.
American sailors died in that war, killed by the friendly fire of our ally, Iraq. One has to wonder how that Iraqi pilot mistook a US destroyer for an Iranian speedboat.
--

FF

Add pictures here
βœ–
Mon, Jul 12, 2004, 9:37pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm (Larry Blanchard) <SNIP> I, and others, doubted the administration. ROTFLMAO I never stopped doubting this administration. And, the one before it. And, the one before that. Right on down the line. I never cast a vote for Slick Willy, and I'm not gong to for Kerry.
JOAT
We've got a lot of experience of not having any experience. - Nanny Ogg
Add pictures here
βœ–
Saw a bumpersticker the other week - don't know if it's just a local thing or spread across the US:
"Practice Abstinence: No Bush, No Dick"
Glad I didn't have to 'splain it to my pre-schooler - but I still got a chuckle out of it.
βœ–

jerkoffs (er, that was willy, too, but i guess some one else did the jerkin...), what with all their defending us against them camel jockeys what ain't got no camels.
Regarding those in this thread who've defended the pres. because he received faulty information: the fact is he didn't listen to those who contradicted or questioned the CIA, and there were many, many people in positions to know who stated their reservations. He didn't want to hear the alternatives, he wanted to go to war. (After all, that Saddam "tried to kill [his] daddy" dontja know.)
I liked what Garrison Keillor said the other day: "These are pretty good times for the president. He's the star of a major motion picture."
Let's go to the movies.
Dan (I can...but I don't want to.)
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

No doubt the mothers of all those dead little Iranian and Kurd kids are comforted by your learned opinion.
Oh wait ... they're dead too ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Add pictures here
βœ–
Swingman wrote:

You may find a place where time and space intersect and the past is the present is the future.
You realize by your reasoning you can build a mansion with a single 2x4? Because by your reasoning once something is used it's still there to be used again?
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
βœ–

So you are a firm believer that lightning never strikes twice in the same place?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Weapons we supplied to the bastard, when he was OUR bastard.
Dan (I can...but I don't want to.)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Try reading this http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5380542/ or http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/7/6/230805.shtml

Add pictures here
βœ–
joey responds:

And your point is? Even Bush is bright enough to not try classifying low enriched and depleted uranium, plus natural ores, as weapons grade material.
Charlie Self "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others." Ambrose Bierce
Add pictures here
βœ–
So, you won't mind if they store it in your basement, then?
Kevin
--
=====
Found: Iraqi WMDs! Please appear in person to claim!

thing is, a lot of what was removed was medical supplies. great. now not only do they have a godawfull number of seriously injured people, but x ray and mri technology have been pulled out from under them.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Can you post a link about xray and MRI scanners being removed, and considered to be contraband somehow please?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Then this http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/06/25/sprj.irq.centrifuge /

Add pictures here
βœ–
did you bother to read past the headline?
randy

Add pictures here
βœ–
Yep.. savin them for what... uh till I get some more Uranium

Add pictures here
βœ–

Well now, all that proves is that he had the means to make nuke weapons. Oh, and the materials. Er, and the knowledge, and also that motivation. But he's better at hiding his nasties than we are at finding 'em, so, er, it's allright that he has (wups, had) all that stuff then.
OK, I'll admit, I'm not very good at playing the "all of this bad stuff doesn't matter" side of things, am I.
Add pictures here
βœ–