OT: On my desktop this morning:

The Difference Between Heaven and Hell February 10, 2008
A holy man was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said,
'Lord, I would like to know what Heaven and Hell are like.'
The Lord led the holy man to two doors.
He opened one of the doors and the holy man looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of stew, which smelled delicious and made the holy man's mouth water.
The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles that were strapped to their arms and each found it possible to reach into the pot of stew and take a spoonful. But because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths.
The holy man shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering.
The Lord said, 'You have seen Hell.'
They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of stew which made the holy man's mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking.
The holy man said, 'I don't understand.'
'It is simple,' said the Lord. 'It requires but one skill. You see they have learned to feed each other, while the greedy think only of themselves.'
"Robatoy" wrote:

<snip>
An oldie but goodie.
Point well taken.
Lew

I'm not that old,
g,d&r
On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 14:28:18 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

Heaven versus Hell
In Heaven: The police are British The cooks are French The engineers are German The administrators are Swiss The lovers are Italian
In Hell: The police are German The cooks are British The engineers are Italian The administrators are French The lovers are Swiss
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /

Oh my...
http://gingersnaps.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/the-swiss-misses.jpg
I can see how you'd be right.
"Tom Watson" wrote:

Another oldie but goodie.
Having worked with several European suppliers, I can relate<grin>
Lew
it is amazing the power and short comings of greed as in, a rich mans wealth is his greatest strength while a poor mans poverty his only curse. ross

Either place seems good. No Americans <G>

Ooooh, ooooh, OUCH, OUCH! Oh, Death where is thy sting?!
Dave in Houston

god bless america...no one else will.

I just get all warm inside when I see Bush, and even Hillary, say it on TV.
Btw, how's retroactive telecom immunity making you feel?
message

Sort of like the post birth abortion that I used to threaten my kids with..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

So, where are you from, dickhead?
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Tom Watson wrote:

two words one following the other dickhead and regards. Sweet.     spasm,     jo4hn :-)

Isn't it strange that the people who tell jokes about other countries are always the first to object when they get ribbed about they're own country.
Sigh
Micky

....." have you heard the joke about the American......?
"HEY... I AM an American..."
..."ohhhkay, in that case I'll tell it slowly...."