OT: OK - somebody tell me how they do this

http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/mindread/psychicSparkle2.swf

The first number you chose can be written as 10*A +B, where A and B are the digits of the number. They then ask you to subtract (A+B)
10*A + B - A - B = 9*A
All the multiples of 9 up to 81 in the chart have the same symbol. Note that he populates the chart differently each time, so when you try it again, a different symbol shows as the answer, enhancing the illusion that it is guessing a symbol you seemed to have chosen at random.

symbols change each time...)

Even neater....have someone else try the puzzle at the sme time. I bet it works for both of you.
Frank