OT: Off topic but these pics are too cool not to share

I never knew the Swedes as artistic trailblazers... but many of these works just floored me.
http://sharerimg.com/p/85820.html
On Sat, 28 May 2011 07:44:01 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Wow, faskinatin'. I love the wall and ceiling treatments (other than the 4-y/o style), hate the floors and grafitti trains.
Are all the Swedish subways carved out of solid bedrock? =:0
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

It would appear that some of those huge columns and supports were left there as they found them polishing that great big round one. That whole country is rock formations. In fact, one of the world's most incredible blue pearl granites comes from a quarry very close to the Swedish border in Norway. Baltic Browns come from.. the..ermm Baltic? They call it rck. <G>
On Sat, 28 May 2011 10:51:28 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

They can have it. It's as cold as the country in winter.

Does it roll?
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

It rlllls

Magestic, artistic and unbelievably CLEAN!!

Looks like the Batcave got a much-needed remodeling.

Somebody had too much Public Money. e-mail the link to the mayor of Portland, Oregon; he's always looking for ways to raid the Water Department for money and Public 'Art' is one of his favorites.

How can you draw a parallel between the clown you're talking about and a country that manages to do things right. I am willing to bet that, unlike The Big Dig, Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff didn't go near that Swedish project. That's why it turned out according to plan. Also, many of the newer C20 trains use Bombardier Transportation components, design and manufacturing. A wholly owned subsidiary of Bombardier Inc...a Canadian company. (I take a bow, hosers)
One report I read is that they have hired thugs to manage graffiti artists...'security personnel'...love it!
On Sat, 28 May 2011 16:45:51 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Bechtel, eh? Feh!

That's an aggressive name for a mild-mannered train company, isn't it?

Let's hope they "throw them under the train", as it were. ;)
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

.
DAGS on Bombardier Inc. More than snow mobiles and very nice jets.

*chortles*

But it positively sings: J Armand Bombardier!
On Sun, 29 May 2011 06:48:02 -0700, Larry Jaques
<snip>

You do know that the emphasis is on the second and fourth syllables ("bomBARdiA"), right? ;-)

On May 30, 2:56pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Bombardyay vs bombardeer
BRP International makes a bunch of really cool toys.

OK, bomBARdeeYAY vs. BOMbaDEER ;-)

How can you draw a parallel between the clown you're talking about and a country that manages to do things right. I am willing to bet that, unlike The Big Dig, Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff didn't go near that Swedish project. That's why it turned out according to plan. Also, many of the newer C20 trains use Bombardier Transportation components, design and manufacturing. A wholly owned subsidiary of Bombardier Inc...a Canadian company. (I take a bow, hosers)
One report I read is that they have hired thugs to manage graffiti artists...'security personnel'...love it!
It's the "art", not the choo-choos.

ditto. Amazing what some can stretch themselves to, when quarried<g> george
--

ps:
Anyone even remotely interested in