OT: Off topic but these pics are too cool not to share

I never knew the Swedes as artistic trailblazers... but many of these works just floored me.

Robatoy

the 4-y/o style), hate the floors and grafitti trains.

Are all the Swedish subways carved out of solid bedrock? =:0

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 It would appear that some of those huge columns and supports were left there as they found them polishing that great big round one. That whole country is rock formations. In fact, one of the world's most incredible blue pearl granites comes from a quarry very close to the Swedish border in Norway. Baltic Browns come from.. the..ermm Baltic? They call it r=F8ck.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Reply to
Father Haskell

They can have it. It's as cold as the country in winter.

Does it roll?

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Portland, Oregon; he's always looking for ways to raid the Water Department for money and Public 'Art' is one of his favorites.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Louis L'Amour

It r=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8lllls

Reply to
Robatoy

How can you draw a parallel between the clown you're talking about and a country that manages to do things right. I am willing to bet that, unlike The Big Dig, Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff didn't go near that Swedish project. That's why it turned out according to plan. Also, many of the newer C20 trains use Bombardier Transportation components, design and manufacturing. A wholly owned subsidiary of Bombardier Inc...a Canadian company. (I take a bow, hosers)

One report I read is that they have hired thugs to manage graffiti artists...'security personnel'...love it!

Reply to
Robatoy
    • G
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

to, when quarried george

Reply to
Geørge Watsøn

Bechtel, eh? Feh!

That's an aggressive name for a mild-mannered train company, isn't it?

Let's hope they "throw them under the train", as it were. ;)

-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

DAGS on Bombardier Inc. More than snow mobiles and very nice jets.

*chortles*
Reply to
Robatoy

How can you draw a parallel between the clown you're talking about and a country that manages to do things right. I am willing to bet that, unlike The Big Dig, Bechtel/Parsons Brinckerhoff didn't go near that Swedish project. That's why it turned out according to plan. Also, many of the newer C20 trains use Bombardier Transportation components, design and manufacturing. A wholly owned subsidiary of Bombardier Inc...a Canadian company. (I take a bow, hosers)

One report I read is that they have hired thugs to manage graffiti artists...'security personnel'...love it!

It's the "art", not the choo-choos.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

But it positively sings: J Armand Bombardier!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You do know that the emphasis is on the second and fourth syllables ("bomBARdiA"), right? ;-)

Reply to
krw

Bombardyay vs bombardeer

BRP International makes a bunch of really cool toys.

Reply to
Robatoy

OK, bomBARdeeYAY vs. BOMbaDEER ;-)

Reply to