OT - Odd latex paint problem...

Howdy,
Our home is 6 years old.
The interior is painted with latex over skim coat plaster.
In one room, I am in the habit of sitting up in bed while typing on my laptop (like right now) while leaning back against the wall.
Earlier today, I noticed that the paint had deteriorated in the "leaning" area.
There is no visible difference, but if I run my hand along the surface, the paint feels "dry" and smooth until I reach the "leaning" zone.
There, it feels very slightly "tacky" and if I touch it with my fingernail, the paint is extremely soft, and peels off in small areas. The material that peels off is "rubbery" in texture.
Of course, I would love to know what might have caused this problem, but even more important than that is the issue of preparation for a re-coat.
What might be an appropriate way to remove the defective paint? Also, what sort of prep (if any) might be needed to avoid a repeat of the problem.
Thanks for any help,
--
Kenneth

try alt.home.repair or misc.consumers.house
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:37:55 -0700, "charlie"

Hello again,
Done... Many thanks,
--
Kenneth

That will happen, try not to lean against the wall.
Snip

A good quality wall paint will cover it up. If any is actually coming loose scrape it off, prime and repaint.

Body oils leeching into the wall. I've experienced the same thing from a spot where I liked to lean my had. As to a solution? I'm not sure there is one other than not to lean in against the wall?