OT: OCCUPY

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY! "On the day when you again allow abominable men to confiscate your freedom, your money, your lives, your private property, your manhood and your sacred honor, in the name of"security' or"national emergency' you will die, and never again shall you be free. If plotters again destroy your Republic, they will do it by your greedy and ignorant assent, by your disregard of your neighbors' rights, by your apathy and your stupidity. We were brought to the brink of universal death and darkness because we had become that most contemptible of people -- an angerless one. Keep alive and vivid all your righteous anger against traitors, against those who would abrogate your Constitution, against those who would lead you to wars with false slogans and cunning appeals to your patriotism." --Taylor Caldwell,"The Devil's Advocate"(1952) -- pgs. 332 -- 338

That quote took up six pages...? I guess that's what you meant by occupy. ;)

Amen! ...foreign or domestic...

Seven, inclusive. ;)
-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Large type for those who WILL NOT see!
In article

14 lines of text in a *real* newsreader. Them what use Google Groups deserve what they get.
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

Hear a whoosh, Dave? ;) Someone explain it to him.
In article

Some people think Google *IS* the interweb... Sigh.
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

Dave...? It has nothing to do with my reader - it has to do with your prejudices clouding your reading comprehension. Robatoy's post indicated that his one paragraph quote occupied six....sorry, Larry - seven pages in the referenced book. I find that humorous. Capisce?
In article

Oops. <embarrassed>
--
Woodworking and more at <http://www.woodenwabbits.com

No biggie, Dave. I still want to see this book that has ~1 sentence per page. I'm sick of having to reach for reading glasses all of the time now. Maybe the large type book will help. ;)
I've been downloading and reading a range of books and old science fiction stories on my phone - great for when you have a few minutes to kill - and the small screen requires 100 - 150 'pages' for a short story...with glasses. Maybe a couple thousand pages without them.

Dave...? It has nothing to do with my reader - it has to do with your prejudices clouding your reading comprehension. Robatoy's post indicated that his one paragraph quote occupied six....sorry, Larry - seven pages in the referenced book. That must be one tiny book! I find that humorous - and your replies as well. ;)
On 10/4/2011 3:50 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Why don't you tell him to take it to "alt.US.government.get.out.of.the.way"?
Hypocrite!
--
Jack

Because Taylor Caldwell was a woman and died a quarter century ago.

Opinions vary.
Feel free to go back as far as you'd like when you search my posts. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something that will better suit your inabilities. Comprehension, humor, general knowledge - there are a whole host of them that you'll be able to inarticulately mangle.
On 10/16/2011 2:21 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Well I'm leaning towards Hypocrite.

Don't have too, it became obvious in just two of your very recent posts.
--
Jack