OT: Obama stops oil leak in Gulf. BP staff grateful.

Got the same discount from a podiatrist in Seattle for grandson's ingrown toenails.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jul 18, 7:39 pm, Dave Balderstone
And I know one, here in America ... blah, blah, blah.
There. Now MY worthless little anecdote offsets yours.
This is the problem with how many of you "think."
The US ranks very low in how satisfied its citizens are with its health care, relative to all other developed nations.
There. Now we're out of the realm of anecdotes.
Just ONE source ... known for being a liberal rag....
βœ–
On Jul 18, 9:39 pm, Dave Balderstone

And I know a family (my sister's) who, when stationed on Aruba, flew my nieces and nephew to Canada to have their tubes put in their ears because the wait through their HMO in the US was too long. Fact! You see, there are many anecdotes to offset other anecdotes. I also know stories which make the US system look good. All depends on what I am willing to support at the time. Situational bullshit, I guess.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:21:12 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

DAMN, doesn't anyone use Q-tips any more? Every other day keeps me regular. Ya hear me?
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711
Add pictures here
βœ–
Most of us find that "hard to swallow".
Robatoy wrote:

> Jack Stein wrote:

Yeah, it's nice to have a system where the rich get whatever they need, and everyone else gets what big brother gives 'em.
I have met decent doctors

My doctor, which is the same doctor the rich go to, spends a minimum of 1/2 hour, usually longer when I go for my annual physical. For her to see 150 patents a day, there would need to be 75 hours in a day, and she would have to work every one of them... I can't wait to have a system where "my" doc spends 3 minutes with me...
--
Jack
Take risks: If you win, you'll be happy; if you lose, you'll be wise.
Robatoy wrote:

Idiot!
--
Jack
Conservatives believe every day is the Fourth of July, Liberals believe

I have been watching this thread with interest and have not set my toe into the water but I think this is as good a place to step in as any.
I believe the fact of the matter is that Rotoboy has hit the nail on the head: "No room for anything other than your extreme views...Radical fanatical non-compromising views. Unreal."
The problem is that BOTH sides are exhibiting these views. It is a pity that so many "open-minded" liberals cannot be open-minded enough to see the bigger picture as to what the conservatives are saying. At the same time, conservatives are saying many things without examples detailing what they are trying to say. Actually, both sides are talking in LARGE terms, not in intimate details. Actually, it seems like both sides are oftentimes taking their talking points from the media they watch.
While it is true that Fox News focuses on the reporting the stories conservative most want to hear about and how the liberal media is misrepresenting the issues but is unyielding in its views, too (for example, the AZ Immigration Law. They say that racial profiling can NEVER happen, which is narrow minded. If they would say that the law is not intended to do that but mistakes [intended or not] can certainly happen).
On the other hand, the other news mediums simply do not report on many things (for example, the Black Panther incident) or doing exactly what they say the conservatives do like unfairly misrepresenting the members of the Tea Party as radical, stupid, racial idiots, mostly because their liberal-minded audience loves to hear this stuff.
Both sides are wrong and the misguided American public doesn't understand that this is marketing at its finest. Gone are the days of reporting the news ON BOTH SIDES and the news media is now into EDITORIALIZING the news.
Sorry. both sides are wrong. Both sides fuel the fire. And the people who watch only one or the other without a discerning mind will just repeat the blabbering that these people say. That is why there are so many doggone things said from either side that turn into fights.
Both sides think what they are being fed is 100% the truth and what the other is being fed is 100% a lie. And instead of coming to terms and understanding each other, it is whomever yells the loudest, the longest, or uses the most profane or degrading language who "wins" in the end. If this is the sort of dialog that is going to go on forever, then nothing will get done.
I see a lot of horse manure about Government Run Health Care here. First off, "Health Care" is not the right name for it, it is a government run health care INSURANCE plan that is being talked about. How about we sort of do a hybrid, why don't we? Why can't whoever WANTS to belong to the government run health care insurance plan be allowed to sign up? I think there are a number of people who fell they will benefit from this plan and, if they get enough members, they WILL get good prices. If the government wants to get into the mix of this, then I say they should be allowed. on the other hand, there are more than enough people in this country who DO NOT want it and they should not be forced to have it, plain and simple. And if they lose their job and, thus, lose their health care insurance, well, that's life. They can sign up for the government run insurance is they so choose. Maybe the government health care insurance plan will allow you to join whenever you feel like it, too, instead of opting in or out once a year and living with that choice.
Anywho, that is my two-cents worth. I am sure it will not go over well but that's life!
busbus
Add pictures here
βœ–
busbus wrote:

Huge red flags blowing in the wind...

I think people get there information from the media they watch, but they come up with there own conclusions. If their conclusions conflict with the media they watch they will quit watching or find an outlet that agrees, if at all possible. Before Fox news, there was no tv news outlet in the US in the last 40 years that was not far left wing. If you didn't like it, you could watch left wing shows like Law and Order...

Thats bogus, Fox news states the law prohibits racial profiling so if and when it occurs, it can be dealt with. At no time did Fox ever say racial profiling can NEVER happen.
If they would say that the law

This is EXACTLY what Fox says.
Personally, I think the racial profiling crap is just that, crap. If a black or white male robs a bank, the description should include that fact, and that is racial profiling. Huge percentage of the people and cops in Arizona are Mexican, and it is not likely the Mexican cops are going to harass Mexicans simply because they are Mexican, but if they do, the law as passed by Arizona will handle it. Thats my view, certainly NOT a Fox news view that thinks racial profiling is inherently bad.

When did that ever happen? More accurate would be finally, a tv news source exists that is not totally biased to the far left.

You were wrong when you said Fox says "racial profiling can NEVER happen".
Both sides fuel the fire.
The truth is all the fuel that is needed.
And the

Only if you are an idiot. Most everyone else has a discerning mind.
That is why there

People have different views on about everything. Getting the facts is the hard part, but basic principles should be strongly developed early on in life. Those that think individuals need controlled by big brother reach different conclusions that those that think the individual is king. The same facts will result in different conclusions. If you need Katie Couric or Glenn Beck to tell you how to think, then you are a fool, and a rare human being.

Thats bogus. Polls constantly show people have little faith in the news, and for good reason.
And instead of coming to terms

Everyone except you, right? You are the only one smart enough to figure out whomever yells the loudest and the longest is not always right. You should have figured out that all the fighting has not changed ANYONE in the least. The left wing bastards are still left wing bastards, and the right wing SOB's are still right wing. Robocop calling people douche-nozzles is about exactly as effective as Tim patently explaining his positions politely and in depth. Can you name one person on the rec who has changed their political perspective?

Yes, thats life. You are not likely to make any left wingers right, or right wingers left. You must enjoy the fight. Anyone that thinks they are going to infuse Robocop or Upscale with wisdom, they are delusional.
--
Jack
Assault is a behavior, not a device.

The only problem with your premises is that the more you blather on, the more people come to the conclusion that you really are an ignorant, delusional redneck. Then, they really do fully realize that *anything* you have to say is a complete waste time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Thank you.
I was ONLY going to take enough time to point out that ... I was NOT going to take the time TO point out ... the innumerable logical fallacies in his post, and simply recommend that Jack TAKE a course in Logic.
But you said it SOOOooooo much better :-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
Neil Brooks wrote:

Don't worry, no one is smart enough to be able to figure out you fools have nothing worthwhile to say. Attack the messenger rather than the message is a common defense that no one ever notices.
> But you said it SOOOooooo much better :-)
You're not the only one that enjoys Beavis and Buttheads childish, meaningless responses.
--
Jack
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

First of all, it's Robatoy, second of all, you Jack, are the only one who is a douche nozzle and I have never used that moniker on anybody else. It does seem to be nigh impossible for you not to keep bringing this up. That's a sign of bitterness which is quite common amongst republicans.
Add pictures here
βœ–

First of all, it's Robatoy, second of all, you Jack, are the only one who is a douche nozzle and I have never used that moniker on anybody else. It does seem to be nigh impossible for you not to keep bringing this up. That's a sign of bitterness which is quite common amongst republicans.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That is completely wrong. Her it is from a left leaning publication:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/23/AR2008102303473.html
Add pictures here
βœ–
LOL
He has trouble reading big words if you don't place them in the right part of his bifocals, too.

βœ–
Robatoy wrote:

You call me douche-nozzle all you want, I'll call you Robocop all I want...
> second of all, you Jack, are the only one who is a douche nozzle and I > have never used that moniker on anybody else.
You just make shit up as you go along. Like all left wing butt heads, truth is just a minor "inconvenience". Took me all of 30 seconds to find you calling Bill Mays a douche-nozzle. Google Groups still works ya know. What a maroon!
> It does seem to be nigh impossible for you not to keep bringing

Typical left wing butt head, calling someone a douche-nozzle and then calling them bitter because they remember childish shit you've said.
What a maroon!
Besides, a large percentage of your posts are devoid of any content other than childish name calling.
BTW, your partner, Upscale agrees with you. You make a good pair, like Beavis and Butthead. Now all thats left is to figure out which is which!
--
Jack
Got Change: Individual Freedom =======> Government Control!

I can.
I've tried ... around here.
It doesn't go over well, though. Seems to frighten most of you.
Sad.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 07:40:09 -0700, Neil Brooks wrote:

You noticed that too?

βœ–
Neil Brooks wrote:

Name calling with no other content is not much of a muster. Let me guess, it's not worth your time to respond, better to just wail and moan.

Another wasted post saying... wait for it... nothing!
--
Jack
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!

Well, you aren't removing any doubt.
Enema Nozzle... I LIKE it!
Add pictures here
βœ–