OT Now this is customer service

Page 2 of 2
-MIKE- wrote:

Not in my state.
They wanted to see some identification - I chose my concealed handgun license.
On 8/4/2011 1:57 PM, HeyBub wrote:

And how did that make you feel?
Leon wrote:

Later that night, my wife said she hadn't been so satisfied since the wedding night with her second husband.
On 8/4/2011 7:20 PM, HeyBub wrote:

So you got a hard on when you got an opportunity to flash you concealed hand gun license? ;~0
Leon wrote:

Not exactly. The first thought that crossed my mind was starting a new religion.
Next I considered running for public office. Then I thought this might be the first listing in my new company: "The Bad Business Bureau."
Ultimately I discarded all those ideas, went home, and tormented the cat.
On 8/5/2011 7:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:

LOL....Thank goodness for pets.

You manage the cat with fear (aka terror) as well?

That's the only way a cat can be managed. Cats have no masters.
Max

Trying to manage a cat with fear just results in the cat managing back in kind or moving out, depending on how cussed the particular cat is.
On 8/5/2011 8:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Stop it, your killing me...
--
Jack
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says 'Dam!'

Powerful. Sometimes the "plopping" of a weapon has more effect than any amount of words.
Max (just kidding, Leon)
On 8/4/2011 8:15 PM, Max wrote:

LOL, Judging from his response and his wife's satisfaction I understood that he got a hard on that lasted for the rest of the day and or night.

ROFL
On 8/4/11 1:57 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Yeah, because that's what you said.
--

-MIKE-

HeyBub wrote the following:

I also informed him that I was armed.
Why? Was that an implied threat? In NYS, that could get your permit yanked. I have a NYS CCW, but I don't advertise that I have a weapon, unless I have to use it. (retired 38 year LEO).

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 8/10/2011 11:28 PM, willshak wrote:

Un-Retired 57 year VIRGO. ;~)
Somebody wrote:

---------------------------- First mistake was using a debit card.
Use a credit (Visa\Mastercard).
If there is a problem, book a debit and let the banks fight it out on THEIR time and nickle.
Lew
willshak wrote:

New York is a "discretionary" permit state. The sheriff or judge or whoever issues the permit can yank it for ANY reason, or none at all.
The statutes for suspending or revoking a concealed handgun license in Texas are not vast: Convicted of a felony or a non-trivial misdemeanor, displaying a firearm, and a couple of other obvious conditions. Merely saying "Stand back! I have a potato" is insufficient.
Must suck to live in New York.
P.S. As a retired LEO, you don't NEED a NYS permit to carry a concealed firearm. Federal law preempts that requirement. http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?34545-CONCEALED-HANDGUN-NATIONAL-PERMIT-FOR-Retired-Law-enforcement-officers !
snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMgmail.com says...

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?34545-CONCEALED-HANDGUN-NATIONAL-PERMIT-FOR-Retired-Law-enforcement-officers !
There's a gotcha in that one though, you have to have within the past 12 months qualified at your own expense to the state's standards. Doesn't say which state (is it the one in which you were a cop, the one in which you are living as a retiree, or the one in which you are in possession of the weapon), and doesn't provide that the state has to make the training accessible to retirees at reasonable cost.