(OT) Now This Is a Switch

Ever receive an order and have it arrive short an item(or two) but still get charged full and then try to resolve the situation with the supplier? Well, today I received an order from Woodworker's Supply only to have an item in there I didn't order or didn't get charged for. Only thing, I already have one and I don't need another.. I'm hesitant about mentioning,here, what it is but it attaches to your bandsaw fence and is worth more than $14.94. The thing isn't in their current catalog but is on their website. The packers and pickers, Mike and Paula are to be thanked for this free gift..Some other, poor guy, is wondering what happened to his thingie for his bandsaw. Of course, the proper thing to do is call WW Supply and tell them of my 'problem' and get Mike and Paula in deep doodoo for not paying attention. Can I really expect WW Supply to send me a check for the shipping? NOT! Hey.., in there too is a $10 off coupon on my next order of $150 or more..
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

You won't know unless you ask. I guess you and I are the only people that never made a misteake. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
I doubt that it would be worth $15 to try and get it back, They would probably just say thanks for calling and you keep it.
Several years ago while working for an AC/Delco distributor we received a 38 pallet stock order. All the pallets had our business name on them and we were shorted about $3,500.00 of what we had ordered. We did however get extra a whole pallet of AC compressors, all the same part number at an estimated cost of about $10,000.00. We notified AC/Delco by proper procedure and by telephone and they absolutely refused to believe that they had shorted us $3,500.00 and would not and did not believe that they had shipped us way too many compressors of which we had not ordered. Not until we crawled all over our rep's rear end did some one at AC/Delco credit us for the shortage and send a truck to pick up the overage.
This was quite typical ,although to the extreme on this occasion, in my 18 years of experience of dealing and ordering inventory from GM. And we wonder why .. never mind.

I had the "joy" of visiting GM as a vendor once....
They would have you belive that there are 3 priorities in life...
God, family and GM.... not in that order.
I have no desire to ever visit Detroit again.

Subject: Extra Item Received in Shipment
Larry
Proper thing is to call and let them know, but definitely let them know that if they want it back, THEY are going to have to have UPS drop by to pick it up.
I NEVER spend any of MY money to fix a problem that is NOT mine. That means toll free phone call or eMail only to notify them of their mistake, and I will NOT go out of my way to haul THEIR mistake to UPS or the post office, let alone pay for the shipping - even if they offer to reimburse
John

This is the most sensible approach to this type of thing. It's only fair. Most likely they are gonna tell him to just keep it.

had a mail order company give me a dmt stone once. prolly the most used thing in my sharpening kit.
thing is, before that I prolly would never have crowbared for one. now, if I ever do wear it out I'll be buying another.....
    Bridger

Why? What's the big secret?