OT - NOMINATION FOR OFFICIAL REC.WOODWORKING ORCHESTRA

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~gunning/images/plonkers/plonkbm2.jpg
Not the greatest details, but the guy in the center is playing a tea chest basS. Classy looking gents, I vote we nominate them as the official rec.woodworking orchestra.
JOAT Always put off until tomorrow something which, tomorrow, you could put off until, let's say, next year. - Lady Myria LeJean.
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/JOATorJackOfAll/page4.html
JOAT said...

Those guys look great. I'll second the nomination.
(The other)Mike G.
Thought they were the BudaPest String Quartet there for a minute. Should I ask how they sound or is that an unanswerable query?     mahalo,     jo4hn
Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

[snip]
"jo4hn" wrote in message:

Prolly better than beatin' on a hollow log with a stick and playing them little 4-string gittars ya got on the island! LOL!
Hey jo4hn - when ya gonna invite me to your place? With all them grass skirts - all I'd ned to bring is a bathing suit and a weedeater! :-)
Jums
Thought it was common knowledge by now that I live in the mountains (6700 feet) of Southren California. A hollow log or two but no funny gittars. Just some folks down the road a ways who were hootin' and hollerin' into the wee hours, keeping Maggy awake. I sleep through it all which annoys her even more. Guess I'll go set off somebody's car alarm at 5am if it happens again.
But your welcome to come visit anytime. I keep beer and wine in the fridge and your bathing suit and min-whacker can come too. Oh and Maggy's a good cook.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Jim Mc Namara wrote:

(Buddy Matlosz) puts out: I dunno, I was kinda hoping there would be a reunion of the International Silver String Submarine Band (how many would like to show your age by admitting you remember them?).

Well, you've got 12 years on me, young feller. The ISSSB was a makeshift group put together by the Little Rascals (aka Our Gang) to compete in a radio station talent contest. They delivered a stirring rendition of "Man on the Flying Trapeze" on kazoos and an eclectic collection of homemade instruments. Of course they won the contest while managing to wreck half the radio station in the process.
http://www.bonita.k12.ca.us/schools/ramona/teachers/carlton/B&WProblems/MP%2 031%20to%2040/39band.html
<Sigh> Filmdom ain't what it used to be.
B.