OT: No taste for Coulter/Beck-style hate speech.

Page 7 of 11  
wrote:

crossed the border into the USA where "hate" speech is still not only legal but commonplace
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: .

Correct, but its called "Free" Speech not "hate" speech so far in the USSA. What the Canucks do, other than slither over the boarder to get some of our great medical care is not of much interest to me.
--
Jack
Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jack Stein wrote:

But don't you agree that how a person "feels" is paramount? Don't you want everybody to feel good?
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That must be another example of the Constitution "protecting us from the tyranny of the majority."
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Okay, well, here is part of it. It is about taxes/redistribution of wealth but it gets my point across:
...Lastly, I wanted to SCREAM whenever I heard Obama say "his" health care bill would provide FREE doctor visits, FREE prescriptions, FREE shots, FREE (fill in the blank).
NOTHING IS FREE!
It irritates me whenever I hear people say that the "rich" people SHOULD pay more taxes. THEY DO!!! Both in percentage and in sheer dollars. And even if the percentages were the same, the sheer dollars would still be a lot higher.
The progressive liberal say that is is only FAIR the "rich" should pay more. We all want to be fair, but what does fair mean?
Suppose four guys go out to lunch, and split the check four ways. Is that fair? Suppose one had a tuna sandwich, and another had lobster?
Well, maybe it would be fair to say that each pays for what he eats? But suppose one of the guys makes $100,000 a year and the others make only $50,000. Would it be fair to say the one who makes the big bucks should pay twice what the others do, regardless of what he eats, because he makes more?
If it were you, you probably wouldn't think it was "fair" to ask your friend to pay for your meal, though an increasing voting bloc feels it is very fair to ask other people to pay for things they want.
Let΄s take another example.
Suppose 100 adults with jobs live on your street. And you get together and decide that it would be wonderful if you had a new playground that would cost about $10,000. So you vote and the new playground wins.
Then you have to vote how much each person should chip in to buy the playground, and the vote goes like this:
- Five of the adults are charged a total of $6,000 for the playground *everyone* will use.
- Another 45 of the adults have to get together and chip in an additional $3,700.
- And the last 50 adults have to pool their resources and come up with $300 between them.
Is that fair? (That was the US tax code in 2006.)
Well, President Obama and his Social Democrat Party said no way is that fair.
Those five people have to come up with a lot more money than just $6,000, so the 45 pay less, and the 50 who were paying $300 now pay nothing.
Under that help-the-rich guy George Bush and the Republicans in 2006, 5% of Americans—those with incomes over $153,000, paid 60% of the taxes, while the bottom 50% of Americans paid 3%. (IRS figures.)
Once more than 50% of the public pay nothing, what is to stop them from voting to take everything from those who pay more?
And all in the name of being fair...

What I am saying is give the States the power they used to have. That is the way the founding fathers wanted it and how they created it and warned many, many times against the Federal Government gaining too much power--like it has. And this latest fiasco made it worse. You don't have to like it but that is the way it is. ;o)

MORE hogwash. The opportunity is there. And, to make another point, if that single mother is so far in the hole there is ALREADY governmental safety nets for her AND the kids and not just health care insurance.
As far as luck is concerned, you make your own luck. I know you don't like that but it is true.
And why are some of these people so far behind the eight ball? Weren't a fair-sized number of them born to people who were already living on public assistance? For all their lives? And guess what? They are already receiving health care! Or are you talking about the millions of illegal aliens who are living here?
I can sort of predict what will happen: You will play the silly race card and that is not it at all. That is all I am going to say about that if the race card is played because I have learned you cannot talk to somebody who puts their fingers in their ears saying "la, la, la, la, la...I can't heeear you."
Or are you going to use that silly woman in Ohio who said she was afraid she would lose her house because the Cleveland Clinic would not treat her? Don't forget, the Cleveland Clinic assured that she would be eligible for assistance and wouldn't lose her house--always was eligible.
I am saying the opportunity is there. This is another example of redistributing the wealth. You can rationalize it all you want but that is all it is.

And this health care bill help contain the costs? I don't think it does; all it does is spread the pain among more people.
Another problem is that we issue TOO MUCH health care. Doctors issue more tests and are far too conservative because they are afraid of getting sued. People use the emergency room to get a couple stitches or a runny nose. And I do not think the only reason for longer life expectancy is health care.

Passing a bill that has no specifics and to make it law just to build it later is a bunch of bull crap. Also, we do not know how many backroom deals were made and how much all that pork will cost us. The Democrats, Obama in particular, said everything will be done in the open. Nothing was. And you want me to trust the liberals? Nope.

So here you are more or less saying that there IS a better way and it is what those pricks gave to themselves, huh? In other words, they will more or less be the only ones who will be able to keep their health care insurance while the rest of us are herded into the corral of their choice.

How the hell will it reduce the deficit whenever it will add to it eight times more than it will save? You can realize all those savings just by issuing REAL tort reform and making policies portable.

Now a Republican did do *something* good? I don't follow you all the time.

No, think CAR insurance and HOME insurance and LIFE insurance. Why not health insurance? Do not mix apples and bowling balls comparing health insurance and banks.

Not government co-ops. Geesh. Keep the government the hell out.

He is not the Antichrist because he is supposed to come from somewhere in Europe. :o) Of course, Obama is trying to make us into a western European nation and no way do I want to live in such a place. The easy thing to say is to move out but I would rather stay and fight.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
busbus wrote:

It's time for the Fair-Fair Tax. Here's how it works:
Suppose, in round numbers, the national budget is $6 trillion and there are 300 million folks. That means each person pays a tax of $2,000. Period. Simple. Understandable. Easy to implement.
But, you may ask, what about the person who doesn't HAVE $2,000?
Well, they could contribute one unit of blood platelets each month for which the government would credit them $200. Sort of a federal withdrawal plan. In ten months they'd have their taxes paid for the year!
But, you may protest, what about a single mother of four, each under the age of five? She'd be responsible for $10,000! She can't contribute that much blood and draining toddlers is an outrage!
True, trying to get that much blood from Miss Danniellaip Turnip would be absurd...
She could contribute a kidney.
The government would credit her with, say, $50,000 and she'd have the taxes for herself and her brood paid for five years. This, along with standard platelet contributions, should cover her tax liability for about seven years.
Yeah, you say. What then? You can't take her OTHER kidney! Of course not; that would be nuts.
At the end of eight years (or probably before), she could contribute a cornea. That would be worth, oh, another four or five years.
By then her brood will be off making babies of their own and she can drop back to the normal plan.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I couldn't disagree more. Those types of talking heads have very loyal right-wing followers. A LOT of followers. Rush, Palin and Limbaugh are THE figureheads of the republican party. No wonder they have as much exposure as they do. I spend a fair bit of time trying to dodge them on the TV, I'm sure-as-hell not seeking them out. In fact, I have FOX on parental lock-out lest I accidentally stumble upon one of 'them'. ;-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Those types of talking heads have very loyal right-wing followers. A LOT of followers. Rush, Palin and Limbaugh are THE figureheads of the republican party. No wonder they have as much exposure as they do. I spend a fair bit of time trying to dodge them on the TV, I'm sure-as-hell not seeking them out. In fact, I have FOX on parental lock-out lest I accidentally stumble upon one of 'them'. ;-)
========================================================= They need your hatred to survive. No Republican I know pays them any more attention than that needed to listen to Liberal friends whine about them now and then.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Now waitasec... I'm far enough to the right to be able to hate a little, but not far enough to the right to be joining up with any skinhead militias any time soon.. So stop the 'your' shit already. How can you say that Republicans pay only 'needed, attention' when truth is, they tune in by the multi millions and hang off every bile- infused hate-speech word those brilliant minds gurgle over the airways? As I am firmly planted in the middle, I see far more ugly hate coming from the right than from the left. I mean threatening the families of congressmen who voted for ObamaCare? Activating the War machine to please defense-contractor shareholders? (Like Cheney)
What has to stop is that constant attempt to keep people (here and the US) divided by creating this partisan barrier, which really doesn't exist but in the minds of the fanatics which swallowed that doctrine hooker, line and sinker. That barrier exists, that's clear to see... but why is it there? Why is that needed?
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

How can you say that when you state you have them locked out?
***** In fact, I have FOX on parental lock-out lest I accidentally stumble upon one of 'them'. *****
About the only hate I see comes from the left. So much so, they've only killed 100 million or so of their own people in the last century.
I see far more ugly hate coming from the right than from the left.
Thats because you are a twit.
I mean threatening the families of congressmen who voted for ObamaCare? Activating the War

Yeah, you are far enough on the right... What a twit. You should stick to your standard vitriolic invective, it suits you much better than attempts to make sense out of anything.

Well, the difference from a free society vs. a socialist, control freak society is rather clear to see, unless you have your head up your collective ass.
--
Jack
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Calling people a twit seems a bit gay to me, Jack.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

Calling someone gay sounds like hate speech to me, at least north of the boarder.... Watch out for those jack booted Mounties...
--
Jack
Got Change: Democratic Republic ======> Banana Republic!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Uhhhmm.. noooo... I said it sounded gay. I did not call you gay. In fact, I'm pretty sure that furry little sheep would be more to your liking. Female, of course.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

OK, Inferring someone, or something they said sounds "gay" as if its a bad thing, would be considered by some as hate speech, homophobes less so...
Best you watch out for those jack booted Mounties prancing on horseback to bust your sorry, left wing, homophobic ass...
--
Jack
ACORN: For democrats that just can't vote often enough!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Uhhhmm.. noooo... I said it sounded gay. I did not call you gay. In fact, I'm pretty sure that furry little sheep would be more to your liking. Female, of course.
========================================================Sounds like hate speech, looks like hate speech ...
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In wrote:

Really? I didn't realize that they(the right) had made a movie about the assination of Obama, yet? Is Michael Moore working on one? I'm not condoning the threatenong of any public official, but the left is equally guilty of hate. They just sell it better
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Now waitasec... I'm far enough to the right to be able to hate a little, but not far enough to the right to be joining up with any skinhead militias any time soon.. So stop the 'your' shit already. How can you say that Republicans pay only 'needed, attention' when truth is, they tune in by the multi millions ==================================================NONE that I know.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Then who is their audience?
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Then who is their audience?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- In the US, Liberals.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
LDosser wrote:

Heh! You sound like the CBS reporter who famously said: "I can't believe Nixon won! Nobody I know voted for him."
Fact is, Fox has the top six shows on cable. O'Reilly has, for example, more viewers than #s 7, 8, & 9 combined.
Add pictures here
βœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.