OT: No taste for Coulter/Beck-style hate speech.

Page 4 of 11

About those three? Not me. Except to the extent they keep the radical right foaming at the mouth. FTFY.
LDosser wrote:

You forgot Limbaugh, Bush, and Cheney.
With libs, it's all about personal attacks because they can't debate on substance. It's all about feelings.
As another poster pointed out, if this health care abomination is so great, why did they have to use closed door deals, shut out the Republicans (yeah, they got invited to a couple of meetings but all Republican ideas were outright rejected), give bribes, political kickbacks, and promises of future jobs to soon to be defeated congresscritters in order to pass this overthrow of the US system?

Rob Leatham

Republican ideas? You mean Just Say No?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 05:50:36 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

It truly amazes me about some of the things one reads in this newgroup. Rec.woodworking has some of the smartest, most intelligent people I've ever come across.
Throw something like health care or politics into the mix and those same people start expounding oratory of doom and hell fury with all the common sense of a slug.
What's next, alien invasion?
Upscale wrote:

Some say we've already had it in that Obama was not born in the U.S., therefore he's an "alien." They should realize that where he was born is immaterial, the only requirement is that he be "natural born." Since there's no evidence he was delivered by Ceaserian section, he must have been born, like, "natural."
Upscale wrote:

Who the fuck wants to go to Canada? Even the Canucks that can afford it slither down to the US for medical care....
Of course, looks that thats about to end... Hopefully after you, or you wacko pal robocop, need some timely, cutting edge heart work....
--
Jack
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government

FEEEEL the hate.......

Plimouth Colonie was an alien invasion. The First People have a right to be pissed!
said:

First People were exterminated by subsequent waves of Siberians.

I've also seen a lot of name-calling too. Seems some of those smart and intelligent people have resorted to personal attacks.
On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:54:40 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

Of course! How else am I to express my wrath? :)

Character, or lack thereof, IS substance.
On 3/25/2010 12:08 AM, LDosser wrote:

Put him in a corner and he will either start calling you names or try to attacking your character.

Oh, really? That's on a par with "all liberals hate guns" and "all liberals are cowards who would let their children die before they'd shoot someone."

Everyone has the obligation to ponder well his own specific traits of character. He must also regulate them adequately and not wonder whether someone else's traits might suit him better. The more definitely his own a man's character is, the better it fits him.     -- Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:05:25 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy

You have a calling, Toy. You appear to be shameless at political lying and hating. Come to the U.S. and join the Democratic Party!
OBTW, http://fwd4.me/6jn was a hoax. The guy's probably DNC registered.
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

You did not read far enough:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:01:09 -0400, the infamous Steve

Oh, but I did read that. Why do you suppose I suggested that he's a bleedin' Demonrat?
-- Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand. -- Oprah Winfrey

Re: Palin:
http://www.theawl.com/2010/03/sarah-palins-planet-earth-and-the-end-times
Robatoy wrote:

Ah, that's the difference. In the U.S. we harken to the notion that the antidote to unacceptable speech is more speech, that only the free exchange of ideas, no matter how repugnant they may seem, is the best way to solve a problem. We believe in dissent for the sake of the task. Or at least we have a heritage of thinking along those lines...
In Canada, little children are brought up to believe that impure thoughts are evidence sufficient of mental disease or defect. They grow to adulthood conflicted and ambivalent, infected with a government-imposed manic-depressive brain stem.
A carney operator was once asked "How do you find 'wild men' who bite the heads off chickens?" His answer was simple: "You don't FIND 'em, you grow your own!"
And your qualification that you don't hater HER, only her views, is disingenuous. Her views ARE her! Without them, she'd be just another good-looking, rich, blonde - of which there are many in the conservative movement.