OT: No taste for Coulter/Beck-style hate speech.

Page 11 of 11
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

------------------------------------------ That hard up, huh?
Lew
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:36:18 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

I'll bet you REALLY like her, Lew. Every word she utters makes you shudder. You poor, poor Dems. You wish your "leaders" had her millions of followers. <wink>
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Here you go: http://tinyurl.com/ykd3a2m

Having been following the "Hate Speech" monstrosity in Canada, there is one thing that is rather obvious. If one is on the Left, one can make charges of "Hate Speech" against someone who has said something you "consider" offensive. The really odd thing is, the gate does not seem to swing both ways. Odd that, or maybe not.
Deb
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:38:25 -0700 (PDT), the infamous "Dr. Deb"

Bingo. Typical liberal opinions are absolutely a one-way street. Their actions are always allowable but conservatives are railed at for doing exactly the same thing. Poor Robatoy turns into everything he hates about Ann Coulter when he talks about her. Ain't _that_ a pisser for him? <vbg>
Look at the picture of the protestors. Who has hate, them or Ann? http://fwd4.me/JTN Interestingly enough, what Robatoy wrote was almost verbatim what I read in the original story that accompanied this photo in the Globe & Mail. I guess we know where he got his talking points.
Sorry, Toy, but a spade's a spade. (No, Lew. That was meant in a totally non-racial way. Would you lay off already? ;)
-- Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. -- Earl Warren

The gate does swing both ways. Just that there is so much more hate on the right, like Eric Zundel for instance.
Dr. Deb wrote:

Well, that goes without saying. The very definition of modern day hate speech is a conservative winning an argument with a statist liberal. Kind of like this little bit from Duke University canceling an event on Motherhood in it's Women's Center when it learned that a group actually wanted to discuss, well, motherhood: <http://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/29/duke-university-cancels-motherhood - event-when-pro-life-group-participates/>

Rob Leatham