OT: No taste for Coulter/Beck-style hate speech.

Page 1 of 11
Imagine this in polite, embracing and apologetic Canada.
I guess we have defined the difference between freedom of speech and hate speech. We'll miss you, Ann.
http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/784403--safety-fear-shuts-ann -coulter-speech?bn=1
Add pictures here
✖

Oops, the wrap could have deprived some of you..<G>
http://tinyurl.com/y8odevx
Add pictures here
✖

They played right into her media plan. Idiots. She'll be eating off this for years.
Bt then, universities aren't particularly interested in developing intelligence these days.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 24, 9:24 am, Dave Balderstone

her way too much credit.
"The students in Ottawa didn't want to hear what I had to say, boohoo." will play well in Texas?
She's going to capitalize on the fact that we won't eat her shit? Wow, she's desperate. I'm still wondering what the hell she was doing here _other than_ her fee? Did she run out of crazy-capital in the US?
Add pictures here
✖

We always knew that you (Canuckistanis) had no no stomach for free speech. We know you (Robonut) have no brain, too.
Add pictures here
✖
In article

*SOME* of us do. But scratch a political science professor at a Canadian university and you'll find a Marxist.
Add pictures here
✖
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Pretty much true of liberal arts professors here as well. Hard sciences (chemistry, physics, etc.) and engineering tend to be a bit more friendly to conservatives.

Rob Leatham
✖
Mark & Juanita wrote:

That's because in math, the physical sciences, and engineering "truth" is empirical and provable. In the soft sciences, liberal arts, and humanities, "truth" is determined by majority vote and that vote is determined by how the electorate "feels."
There is, despite what Al Gore says, no "consensus" in science. But if you don't agree that Percy Bysshe Shelly was the greatest lyric poet of the English language, you're a denier, probably a racist too, and one to be shunned.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:01:20 -0600, the infamous Dave Balderstone

Here, too, unfortunately.
If people don't want to hear something, why do they turn up at the event? No, they wanted to make sure than nobody heard it. Intolerance like that is ugly and the supporters of that ilk should be ashamed. Where's the hate _now_, huh? (Yeah, I'm talking to you, Toy.)
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
Add pictures here
✖

her shit. I DO think they just wanted that hate-monger to leave us-the- fuck alone and go back to where she came from, that place where they lap up her scuz.
"The name is Bond. James Bond." "The name is Stein. Not Einstein."
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote the following:

And how to do that? Why we'll just prevent her from speaking by making it unsafe for her to appear. You'll notice that only the liberals resort to this action. Conservatives complain after the fact.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I can give you some examples of things you can't say in the US.

That's some exquisite use of language you gurgled there, Lou. Stayed up all night for that one, did you?
Add pictures here
✖

I can give you some examples of things you can't say in the US. ________________________________________________________
I'll bite.
Add pictures here
✖

Did you know that ANN COULTER anagrams to UNCLEAN ROT? Ain't life grand?
Add pictures here
✖
On 03/24/2010 07:24 AM, Dave Balderstone wrote:

Unfortunately it's really hard to have a reasoned debate with someone whose whole plan is to try and provoke a media event.
From what I saw of the event in London, it seemed like she was trying to dodge questions she didn't like and the students were demanding that she answer.
Chris
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 24, 8:24 am, Dave Balderstone

Intelligence???!!!
Add pictures here
✖

Universities are hotbeds of liberalism is because educated people are more likely to have been taught how to use critical thinking. The extreme right wing preys on the fear and ignorance of its supporters.
Add pictures here
✖

Cites facts not in evidence.
I see little evidence of critical thinking at Canadian universities, but plenty of evidence that debate is regularly rejected, and groupthink is, if not required, then certainly strongly encouraged.
Add pictures here
✖
Elrond Hubbard wrote:

True. I can think of some great liberal thinkers and philosophers: Karl Marx, Mao Tse-Tsung, John Maynard Keynes, Pierre Trudeau, FDR, Barak Obama.
All have been discredited.
Add pictures here
✖

I cannot imagine anyone missing her or Beck. In fact I can't figure out why either one of them have reached the level of prominence they have reached.
Unfortunately, it says a lot about the state of our society.
RonB
Add pictures here
✖