OT: News reader

What news reader are the aol people using now? Tried a couple but aol doesn't supply a tp for the software. Any recommendations?

Reply to
Gerald

They're using whatever they feel like. What's a "tp for the software"?

Agent, Free Agent, Gravity, Outlook Express, Knode, Sylpheed-Claws, Xnews, Thunderbird, Gnus, all work fine.

Reply to
J. Clarke

I use NewsWatcher. It is very efficient in handling news. It is free to download on the web.

Dick

Reply to
Richard Cline

================== Thought AO-hell stopped carring newsgroups... and since I do not use AOl I have no idea of their in house reader ...

BUT I find Forte Agent works for me.......(its free and works)

No idea of who offers access to NG's at a resonable price...

Bob G

Reply to
Bob G

Forte Agent is a pay program, somewhere around the sum of $20. Freeagent is, well, free. It doesn't have some of the niceties of Agent however. Which ones are missing I'm not sure since I've long ago upgraded to Agent.

Reply to
LL

I use slrn. Text only, so invulnerable to script bombs.

Reply to
Charles Krug