OT: New Posts not downloading

For those of you who are using a chat client, specifically Outlook Express, to download newgroups, are you having problems receiving/ downloading new posts? I had to visit via Google since I'm no longer able to receive new post. The funny thing is, there are other groups I subscribe to which are receiving new posts while the Woodworking and a few others are not. Therefore, I can't image it being a connection problem. Anyone experiencing the same thing have a solution?
Thanks

What ISP are you using? A few months ago, Earthlink changed their news service provider. That caused problems for many people. The fix was to unsubscribe and then resubscribe to the various news groups. I suggest that you try that.
You may have to reset the newsgroups you are having problems with. I did earlier this year. Earthlink is my ISP. In OE you right click the newgroup in question, select properties/ local file /reset. You will loose all messages and headers but in my case everything began working fine. Good luck with it. Lyndell

Yes, but I'm with embarq, not earthlink. I've had to wipe the newsgroups entirely and re-subscribe. Service is still spotty.
Is this an OE problem or is it my ISP, or is it somewhere further ouot on the web?
Flash

Flash wrote:

Most likely it's an OE problem with your message index. If you're using OE 6.0
Try: 1. Unsubscribe from the new groups you're having trouble with.
2. Click on "Tools, then the "Maintenance" tab, then the "Clean Up Now..." button, followed by the "Reset" button.
3. Close all the "Option" windows and exit OE.
4. Restart OE.
5. Re-subscribe to the news groups removed in step one.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
"Nova" wrote:

Should read:
<Tools>, <Options>, <Maintenance>, <Clean up Now>, <Reset>
Lew
I had that problem some time back, turned out that for some freak reason my computer's date was wrong... . Might be something to check. I went through three days of frustration looking for the problem till I figured it out. I use OE too and am a non Earthlink subscriber Kate
For those of you who are using a chat client, specifically Outlook Express, to download newgroups, are you having problems receiving/ downloading new posts? I had to visit via Google since I'm no longer able to receive new post. The funny thing is, there are other groups I subscribe to which are receiving new posts while the Woodworking and a few others are not. Therefore, I can't image it being a connection problem. Anyone experiencing the same thing have a solution?
Thanks

Sometimes, for whatever reason, the news server may reset the article numbers in a newsgroup back to zero. Your newsreader keeps track of the last article you've read, so you won't see new posts unless you reset your newsreader back to zero by unsubscribing and resubscribing to the newsgroup. That may or may not be the case here, but it's worth trying.
Jerry