OT: need snake advice

Page 4 of 4
Living in Fl, on 5 acres .....I HAVE seen plenty of rattle snakes...Diamond backs, and cane breaks (subspeicies of timbers) , and moccasins
My general rule of thumb is...if they are up front where thePeople, dogs and cats are......they meet their maker at the end of a spade. Note, this is only snakes that are positively ID-ed as baddies.
If I see them out back in the pastures, I just leave them be.
We have had several goats killed by run ins with moccasins at the pond, 2 of the dogs have been face bitten.and survived just fine.......a shot of antibiotics and they are good as new in short order.
We get a pile of small cane breaks showing up at alternate times of the year....they have no rattles yet.....but will coil, and strike immediately.....they dont hold back like the adults do.
I almost trod on a 6' diamond back out in the back 3 acres, I was heading out to do something, and my eyes werent on the ground....this ol bouy was evidently heading to the pond to get a drink.....and gave me a warning rattle...I bet it was comical to see, cause I stopped in mid step, one foot in the air....saw what was 3; in front of me.......and eased out, exit, stage left very very slowly. Point is, he coulda had me if he wanted.the baby snakes have no experience, and will whack ya immediately.
If its in yur screen room....use the spade...life will go on.....they arent endangered here
Steve

One has to wonder why anyone would come to a woodworking newsgroup for advice on dealing with potentially poisonous snakes...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

As in most newsgroups, you can judge a topic from the number of responses... Folks will talk about things that interest them and ignore the things that don't...
If this was a tight-ass monitored group, there would be no replies..
Isn't self censorship wonderful?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing