OT: Need address in Melbourne

I'm hoping one of our readers from Australia can locate an address and perhaps a telephone number for me. There is an out-of-print book that I need to get a copy of for someone who really needs it. In 1997, I purchased several copies, gave two to the library, others away to individuals and kept one for myself. Apparently, I loaned mine to someone and it has not been returned; it's the only missing one of the "library" of support books I kept for reference. A search for the ISBN brings up primarily the pages on which I posted the book information and others who copied the book information to their own web pages, but nothing to anyone who has the book (they all have no copies).

Because it's not available through Powells, Barnes & Noble or amazon.com, the publisher seems to be the last route to finding one (other than the sheer luck in stumbling into one at a small used book store which is highly unlikely). The publisher appears to still be in business as I found a book they published in 1999 (out of the 228 listed on the web when I searched their name which is where the little location information I have came from). As you might imagine, the many hours spent on this have led only to frustration. I was really hoping the publisher might have a web page; if so, I haven't found it.

Here is the information I have for the publisher (without the book, I cannot look in the book).

Publisher: Hill of Content Publishing Company Pty Ltd.

Possible address:

86 Bourke Street Melbourne, Victoria Australia

If anyone can be of any help either verifying the information, giving accurate information or a telephone number, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Hill of Content Publishing

86 Bourke Road, Melbourne VIC 3000 Telephone (03) 9662 2282 Fax (03) 9662 2527

is now owned by:

Michelle Anderson Publishing

Address P O Box 6032 Chapel Street North South Yarra 3141 AUSTRALIA

Phone

61 (03) 9826 9028

Fax

61 (03) 9826 8552

Email snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au

HTH

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thank you, Morris, very much for the information. I have sent them an email from each of my two accounts and will write to them if I hear nothing. For some reason, my cell phone doesn't reach their phone number, an issue I'll address during our (North America) business hours.

It's unlikely I would have found them without your help since I had no idea they were purchased by another company. Sometimes, when it's very important to get the information, we don't always remember all the ways of locating it.

Again, thank you, more than you can know.

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:10:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

As you thought:

Hill Of Content Bookshop

86 Bourke St Melbourne VIC 3000 ph: (03) 9662 9472 Books--Retail

BTW. Yellow Pages are available online

"yellow pages" site:.com.au brought it up

Reply to
Old Nick

Either myself or my son will be in the city this week, let me know what the book is and perhaps I can chase it for you.

Groggy

Reply to
Groggy

Glenna, drop the 0 from the area code eg 011 61 3 9826 9028

(I am not sure if the 011 for ISD is correct)

Reply to
Groggy

Tue, Jan 11, 2005, 10:10pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna=A0Rose) dreamily says: I'm hoping

I track down out of print books every once in awhile. I usually don't have a lot of problems doing that, tho I can't always afford what people want to charge for them. But, I always know what the book title is. I couldn't find any mention of that. Do you think that would help?

JOAT Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.

- =A0Dale Carnegie

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org (Glenna Rose) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@pmug.org:

Not all cell phone plans are set up to allow international dialing, for anti-fraud reasons. Try from a land line, or with a prepaid international calling card, if other means don't work.

Godd luck.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:54:19 -0600, Morris Dovey vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

I dunno. There's always somebody here who knows more...

They are still in the YPs under their old name.

Reply to
Old Nick

What would I know about publishers in Oz? I may have misunderstood the banner at the top of

- but it seemed reasonably clear at the time... [-8

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Thank you for the offer. Please email me privately and I will send the info to you. The address is real.

glenna_rose at pmug . org

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose