OT, my kind of humour.

Page 2 of 3
Rick Cook wrote:

Having traveled to the beautiful city of Dublin at an earlier age doing research for the (no shit!) "Ethnography of the Irish Pub", a guided independent study I undertook in college, I have observed the River Liffe which flows through that city. Reminding me muchly of the pristine waters of Boston harbor before the cleanup, you couldn't pay me to drink that stuff. I've been to the Guiness brewery in Dublin and despite all denials, swear they draw their water from the Liffe. Look at their stout; you can practically see the chunks floating in it!
Try Harp Lager instead. It tastes great, enlarges ones testicles, and won't gag a maggot. Trust me.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

You forgot the seagulls, which shit in the river. Since they drive away pigeons, the statutes in downtown Dublin are remarkably clean.
Harp ain't bad, but I'll take a good, strong stout or porter any day.
--RC

If you like stouts and porters, try the microbrews from Bridgeport ... they have a good Porter and a fair stout (marketed as "Black Strap Stout").
If you have a few extra bucks, Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter (from England) is a great brew.

I used to like Heineken.
Then I took a business trip to Amsterdam. On my spare weekend I took a canal tour of the city. Saw the Anne Frank house and lots of other historic places. The thing that shocked me was how polluted the canals were. I was mentioning this to a friend while we were riding along when we turned the corner of a canal and saw the Heineken brewery (one of them? I have no idea if they have more than one).
I really doubt the Heineken brewery uses water from the canal. But since then whenever I see their green bottles in the store, I think of the canals and reach for something else.
Lately, I've been pretty fond of the Missoula Brewing Companies "Moose Drool". Wouldn't have tried it, but my six-yearold liked the label and insisted we buy it. Dang that kid has good tastes in beer ;-)
--
Frank Stutzman

snipped-for-privacy@skylane.kjsl.com says...

That IS really good stuff. It's even available at a fair number of places here in Spokane, since Missoula isn't that far away.

Swingman wrote:

Walked into a bar in Victoria, Canada back in the mid 80's when Moosehead was faddish in the States, and ordered a couple.
Bartender replied, "We don't drink that shit out West!"
A bit taken aback I asked what they DID have.
"Molsen. And you'll like it!" His tone seemed more of an order than opinion.
Kevin wrote:

Would that be "Golden" or another Molsen type?
Lew
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 05:21:42 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Prolly Molson Canadian. It would have been Molson Export in Quebec. First time I saw Molson Golden was in Vermont or upstate NY.
BTW Moosehead is brewed in Saint John, New Brunswick, just downstream of the Irving paper mill. Pretty vile stuff, IMNSHO.
--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email

Bear Whiz Beer - No wonder it's YELLOW!
"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
The correct quote:
"As my Daddy said, "Son, it's in the water. That's why it's yellow!"
<http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/player/0,,192094-2197431-W MLO,00.html>
Shoes for industry!

I can go a Newcastle Brown now and then. I have the odd Guiness as well. I got pleasantly sauced in UK many times. One time, in April, there was a limited edition draught called Watney's Winter Warmer. That was very interesting. I remember trying to re-write the Magna Carta... As I said.. the best beer is the next beer.
**
Rob
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Hummm:: Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale Martsons Old Empire Old Luxters Jubilee Ale George Gales HSB (Horndean Special Bitter)
http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/ and search for fagan under reviewer.
Niel.
Sun, Feb 13, 2005, 9:11pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Badger) says: Hummm:: Ballards Cunning Stunts Strong Ale Martsons Old Empire Old Luxters Jubilee Ale George Gales HSB (Horndean Special Bitter) http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/ and search for fagan under reviewer.
OK, my all time favorite. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/WORLDFAMOUSBEER /
Badger wrote:

I'd never order that in public. Every time I try to say it, it comes out wrong.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Especially after the first one?

Ah yes. The difference between a tribe of pygmies and a women's track team....
Gerald Ross wrote:

Twas a limited edition English civil war regt. beer, I have one still waiting for me, along with a Bass yeast beasts brew, for the restart of my homebrewery....I need that good yeast!

I agree- Heineken is some skunky stuff. Personally, I like Bass Ale when I do drink (not so often these days)
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
snipped-for-privacy@business.org says...

I've actually increased my drinking lately - from one drink a day (wine with a meal) to two (a shot of Scotch in my tea). When warm weather gets here I'll replace the Scotch with stout :-).
Lots less than I drank in my younger days, but now they say a little alcohol is good for you (2 a day for men, 1 for women).
It's not often something pleasant to drink is declared good for you. I really hate 1% and skim milk :-).

Somebody wrote:

You would dare such sacrilege about "The Little Greenie"
> I've actually increased my drinking lately - from one drink a day (wine

I practice rather a strict ritual regarding liquids entering my body that I describe as "THE TEMPLE".
From the time I get up in the morning until noon, it is black coffee.
From noon until 5:00 PM, it is skim milk. (Butter fat I don't need)
After 5:00 PM, it is either beer or single malt scotch with or without Drambuie. (I love "Rusty Nails", "Bloomer Dropers" or "Knuckle Heads" which are all names for the same thing)
You will see that nowhere will you find what I call "Whale Juice", AKA: Sugar water with carbonation.
If it works for you, you are welcome to use it.
If it doesn't.....
Lew