OT, my kind of humour.

Page 1 of 3
I had to share this one...
During a major International Beer Brewers Conference, a few of the attendees decided to step out for a few beers. Once at the local pub, the rep for Budweiser orders a Bud. The rep for Miller orders a Miller. The rep for Coors orders a Coors The rep for Heineken orders a Coke. When asked why he ordered a Coke, he replied: "well, you guys weren't going to be drinking beer, so I decided I wouldn't either.

I'd rather have a Coke than a Heineken. Heineken is about 5% better (IMO) than the large brand American lagers, and that isn't saying much. If you have to have a pilsner, have a Pilsner Urquell. I stick with stouts myself.
todd
Fri, Feb 11, 2005, 7:57pm (EST-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (ToddFatheree)
I had to share this one... <snip>
I don't know if things have changed, but when I was in Germany the only time the Germans would drink Heineken was during Oktoberfest. When they'd ran out of every other kind of beer.
I used to drink "green hornets" during happy hour. Because they cost a dime, and I coult think about all the people in the States paying maybe $1.75-2.00 for one. Then after happy hour, I'd switch back to German brew. The dark is better than the light. Phillippine brew is good.

I don't drink Heineken either...it tastes skunky to me. My preference in order: Grolsch Sleeman's Honey Brown Alexander Keith's
But I'd rather drink Heineken than VB or Foster's. That Aussie beer has something wrong with it. I drank a flat (24) with a ladyfriend over there and I got a bit spinny....
00
Rob
Sat, Feb 12, 2005, 12:53am snipped-for-privacy@BULLtopworks.ca (Robatoy) says: I don't drink Heineken either...<snip>
There's a reason those countries label tbe beer they export - export beer. They don't consider it worth drinking themselves.

Good point. When in Oz, the guys I partied with, would never drink Fosters. "We don't drink that rot over here, mate. We ship that crappola overseas!" But they drank that VB...*shudder*
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:52:18 -0500, the inscrutable Robatoy

Please, oh, please! Don't tell me that's Vegemite Beer.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

LOL...noo...it is Victoria Bitter
Vegemite Beer....wait till I forward this one...<VBG>
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:54:20 -0500, the inscrutable Robatoy

smell beer on someone's breath and wonder "How did I -ever- palate that stuff? ICK!"
---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment http://www.diversify.com Website Applications =================================================
Robatoy wrote:

Yeah, very. Bleah.
snipped-for-privacy@BULLtopworks.ca says...

Mine: any porter any stout Newcastle brown ale. Dopplebock
The darker the color, the better the beer :-).

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

Funny how beer snobbery is regional. When I was in Northern Territories of Australia in the 60's "real men" would only drink "Swan Lager"; in London shortly thereafter it was "Watney's Red Barrel"; and when in Yorkshire this past summer, apparently the only beer a "real man" would dare drink was "Ward's" ... all good beers.
My SIL, a 14 stone Yorkshire rugby player, and not overly fond of 'yanks' despite the fact that he married one, acted surprised that I liked "Wards". I offered him, only half-jokingly, the opportunity to try and kick my ass if he thought there was any doubt I was serious (we'd had a more than a few Ward's by then) ... he declined.
Good to know my daughter picked an intelligent individual to father my grandkids. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

I have decided that the best beer is going to be my next beer. No matter where I might be at the time.
00

There are great porters and stouts from the US. As good or better than Guinness which is nonetheless very good. Newcastle brown ale is, of course, from England, and dopplebock is from Germany.
What region am I being snobbish about?

Sat, Feb 12, 2005, 5:26pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@fastmail.fm (LarryBlanchard) asks: <snip> What region am I being snobbish about?
For sure it isn't France. Got to be the universe's worst beer. A burp for every swallow. But, what else can you expect from someone that think's mimes are great theater, and love Jerry Lewis?
J T wrote:

Oddly enough Belgium, right next store has _great_ beer -- in fact a lot of different kinds of them.
--RC

C'mon Rick, try to get it right. It's "neck store". Why, I've seen some fools use "next door", HAH!, what fools.
good ol' Bob wrote:

<blush> --RC
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message

None that I saw from you, as the remark was neither directed at you, nor your beer choices ... but you certainly can't argue with the premise. Remember the 'cachet' of the horse piss known as "Coors", when you could _only_ buy it in Colorado?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04
Swingman wrote:

To be perfectly accurate, you could buy that horse piss in most of the Western states. We could get it here in Arizona, for example.
The favorite swill of the young and the clueless when I was growing up.
--RC (who acquired a taste for Guiness at a very early age.)