OT: My First GLOAT: Number 2 has arrived!

Reply to
Richard Clements

Porter Andrew at a WHOPPING 9lbs 1oz ! :)

Reply to
stoutman

Reading your subject I thought maybe you were just constipated. :)

Congrats.

Reply to
Locutus

Thank you!

Reply to
stoutman

| Porter Andrew at a WHOPPING 9lbs 1oz ! :)

Congrats!

Morris Dovey

Is the wife diabetic?

Dave

Reply to
David

No. Is there a correlation I am unaware of?

Reply to
stoutman

Com-grab-your-relations stoutman. Both of you done gooood.

Reply to
Leon

Football player, eh?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

;~) You made me instantly think of my father. He is 83 and when he was born he weighed 13 lbs 11oz. He must have been about 3 months past due.

Reply to
Leon

Congratulations! Now, since you won't have time for woodworking anymore, can I have your tools? :-)

You have a whole new world ahead of you, enjoy it!

Mark & Juanita

I always thought Porter was a cool name. My mother and grandmother do not like it. :(

The only famous person with the name Porter that I could find was the CIA director.

Reply to
stoutman

The C&W singer, Porter Wagner.

Reply to
Leon

My wife is diabetic. Because of the higher blood glucose levels present in diabetics, the unborn child is likely to gain more weight than with a "normal" mother. Even though my wife has fairly tight control (aided greatly by an insulin pump), our OB-GYN was never going to let her go past

38 weeks before a planned induction.

todd

Reply to
todd

In cases like that, you can understand how so many more women used to die during labor.

todd

Reply to
todd

Never heard that, I weighed 11 lbs 12 oz and my mother was not diabetic either.

Reply to
Locutus

Composer/songwriter Cole Porter? Or were you just thinking first names? Congrats on your new bundle of joy, Andy

Reply to
Andy

Congratulations, sir.

Reply to
Robatoy

WooHoo! Another woodworker is amongst us!

Congrats!

And for another famous "Porter", check out Mel Gibson's "Payback".

Hope young Porter's Mom is doing well, too. I saw my sister deliver a young niece the old way, and she was too weak to even hold her baby when she finished.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Congratulations - Life is good!