OT: My brother-in-law

My sister has been happily married for 25 years to a guy with one of the quickest wits I have ever met. Here is just a sample:
He, a buddy of his and my sister are walking down the street one day when they spot a dog lying in the sun licking himself in the usual places. The buddy spots the dog and for no apparent reason blurts out "man, I wish I could do that!" My BIL rejoions equally quickly "go ahead, he won't mind."
Ever had a flash of inspiration afterwards where you wished you had said it back then? One from my long gone Mother -
"Turn back, turn back, time in thy flight! I thought of the line I needed last night ..."
- Apologies to Mr. Shakespeare

You guys need to find your buddy a girlfriend. Or a dog.

Hm, I always heard it as "well, I think you'd better pet him first..."

and I always heard it as "That dog will BITE you..."

or "Give him a biscuit and he'll let you"

I don't think it's necessarily quick witted as it is able to remember lines from others' experiences. I have a friend I who, 35 years ago, had a St. Bernard that was doing that while a buddy was visiting. My friend did the "I wish I could do that" thing, and his friend said, "go ahead, it's your dog."
There are no new jokes.
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
Why does a dog lick himself?
2 answers: 1. Because he can. 2. Because he can't make a fist.
LRod wrote:

Oh, that's not true.
A gay Catholic priest, a chunk of pig iron and a daisy with only three petals walked into a bar...
Violets are blue.
The end.
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 14:07:12 -0700, diyguy wrote
I was reading some lines from the old game show "Hollywood Squares". Some of you might remember Paul Lynde (if I even spelled it right?)
Anyhoo, the question was:
"If you pat a dog on the head he wags, what would a goose do?"
Lyndes answer:
"make him bark?"
Think about it 8^)
-Bruce

Is that the first time you have heard that line???