OT - My best friend is gone...

My sympathy to you for your loss of a good friend. I have had to do the same for my extended family (they do become your family after all is said and done) five times for dogs and four times for cats (All adopted from shelters). I can tell you that it never gets easy even when you have them 17 or 18 years. But time will heal the sorrow and make room in the heart for more love that can be achived with bringing home a new family member to help with teaching your child about unconditional love. Larry (proud father of three adopted woofers and devoted slave to four of the purring persuasion)

Reply to
larry

Well, thanks for clearing that up, My wife and I did not know anything other than the older dog did not get along with the child. I know what your going through, I was on a "high school vacation" with a girlfriend when I called home, (this was before cell phones) My mom broke the news to me that my police drug dog dropout had died.I had her (well we had her)since I was about 10 when she did not succeed in police training and I was 16 at the time she died. I have since had two other dogs both have been Yellows, my other was a long haired Shep.The Yellow that we bought last year was "for my 4y/o son" at least thats what I told my wife, she's more my dog then his right now but those two are growing up together and I wouldn't have it any other way! It took me 5 years before I would get our present dog I was more heartbroken about my first yellow than any other because he and I went through alot together and we both had 1500 acres that we lived on, and being from a well off family I had more time on my hands to spend with him then most. It was like a neverending hunting story, now I have more responsibility and less money!

As everyone else here professed , I am sure our dogs are somewhere having a grand ole time.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Reply to
Clay

Dammit, Clay. I knew it was coming, but that thing gets me every time. Clay wrote:

Reply to
N Hurst