OT: Music list - revisited

SFWIW, KKJZ is on the web broadcasting 24/7.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Dave is still touring. I think I've seen him at least once every year since the early 90's. The many live interpretations, with different groups of musicians, of the material from _Time Out_ are quite amazing; and while he may require assistence to get to the piano, his fingers do all the walking once he's seated. If you get a chance, go - he's in portland and seattle this month, arizona next. A foursome with over

250 years experience between them :-)

Kinda Blue is a classic indeed; the lastest blue-note remaster is awesome.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Today I listened to East Nashville Skyline .....Some funny stuff !

I'll have to keep my eye out for a copy of Songs for the Daily Planet.

No other Dave Alvin fans out there ?

Lenny

Reply to
lenhow

SNIP

I am certainly with you on that. And to further that point, years ago my mother was an asst. to the head guidance counselor at a local private college. He was a pretty cool guy, laid back, and enjoyed talking to working adults.

I was telling him about my personal experience with the phenomena (or so I thought) and how powerfully it struck me from time to time. He told me that it has to do with the way your brain associates things within itself for long term storage. Music is an actual part of the storage and filing system, but not the music itself. It is the trigger.

To drive home that point, he asked me a few questions:

Do you remember all the American history classes you have taken over the years? Yup, says I. Can you outline the details of the Louisiana purchase? Hmm... well, no I can't. Says he - yet, you had to be exposed to that in middle school, high school, and again in college, right? Yup. But you don't remember anything but the most common details? Nope

Second set: How many times do you hear a song

Reply to
nailshooter41