OT: Moved the thread about senior care

----- Original Message ----- From: Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:25 AM Subject: Re: Moved the thread about senior care

I have been reminding my sisters that she is 87 and she has smoked most all her life. Decided to give'm up 3 weeks ago. I recall her scaring the living day lights out of me when I was 11 years old when she mentioned that she would rather be dead than to go blind, she was having detatching retna problems in the mid 60's and spending weeks on end in a hospital in Houston when we lived in CC TX. Then with hospital visits she was sure it was her time about 30 years ago and again 20 years ago and again about 10 years ago with a minor stroke.

Fortunately we have a family lawyer that is a very good friend. My sister and BIL worked for him for many years util recently but we stay in touch.

Fortuantely my father is still in relatively good health and gets around pretty darn well on his own considering his age. My mother OTOH has not driven a car that I know of since 1975.

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:13:05 -0600, the infamous Jim in Milwaukee scrawled the following:

Done, files to Jim and Basilisk.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Well, That worked! Got at at 3pm today. C5-6 discectomy and fusion.

Reply to
LDosser

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The file was found by google: Search term:"Your Life, Your Choices"

Han

"Leon" wrote in news:_tWdndKPS607msrWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I know, Leon, and I appreciate your saying so. It /WAS/ the right decision.

Reply to
Han

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:59:46 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Definite suckage! Well, no more yogic headstands for you, boy.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 21 Jan 2010 11:23:49 GMT, the infamous Han scrawled the following:

from their VA website and the VHA sites.

Now, does anyone think it's horrible, scary, or mean?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What do you think, Larry? You didn't suddenly become shy, did you ?

I do not think that prolonging breathing is necessarily a good thing, au contraire. I think living is worth while, if it is really living. OTOH, this is a rather personal thing, so if you are willing to pay, do as you wish. Just make sure the person is in favor of what is going to happen to him or her.

Reply to
Han

That should have been "got out" ...

I guess I can still do a high colonic.

Reply to
LDosser

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:41:00 -0800, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Oh, I had thought that was merely a Texican accent.

I shudder just thinking about that one. "Get that FIRE HOSE away from me, lady!"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 22 Jan 2010 01:28:29 GMT, the infamous Han scrawled the following:

I'm only shy in person. My keyboard liberates me, though.

That's precisely why the talk should be had and papers signed stating the person's exact wishes. Note that they're amendable at any time (second-thining your choices in the hospital with tubes in ya) by the person who signed them. What more could a person ask for? OK, EXcluding eternal life. ;)

-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Mine was a C-3,4,5 fusion somewhere around 1961. Being an (American) football star (in my mind) sucked. Fortunately, no more horsepital visits until '05 where I had a 1' colon shortening which was also no fun at all (except it beat the alternative)!

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

But what a name for a band!

Reply to