[ot] motor start capacitor

Ok, a lot of wreck'ers maintain their own equipment, so might be able to help me here.

I need a 5 uF 120/240 VAC motor run capacitor. The specific one in the motor I'm fixing is a CBB61, which is quite popular and easy to find - if you need 1000 or more. I can't seem to find anywhere to buy

*one*.

But anywhere I can get a 5uF 240VAC cap would do. Small is good too; it needs to fit inside a housing.

So... Ideas about where to buy motor run caps?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Perhaps an HVAC supply shop.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

A motor shop, or an HVAC supply outlet... but double-check what you're looking for. The title of your post says "motor start cap" but in the text you say you need a run cap. Not the same. Make sure you get the right one.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
Steve Peterson

yes Grainger

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Reply to
Dominic Palazzola

these folks have a bunch of odds and ends of motor stuff. if it's not listed on their website, call them up. they don't list everything.

bridger

I always get my Capacitors, on the odd occasion when I need one, from the local Motor Rewind Shop.

Reply to
Richard Stapley