[OT more-or-less] RE: Ebonizing With India Ink

My coat-hanger wire sculpture is just about finished. The base is a piece of white oak counter top ebonized with India ink. The base is attached to a polished piece of 16 gauge scrap for stability. The leaves mimic some I picked up on a recent trip to the sunshine state and are made from some dumpster scrap, thin, galvanized sheet. Just some fine tuning and polishing remain.
FWIW the table, made from primavera, was built about 4 years ago and shown on a.b.p.w in the past. Now that it's turned warm I have little excuse to can get back into my woodworking shop/garage. I got sidetracked on this metal crafting kick. Larry
Columbia, MO