[OT more-or-less] RE: Ebonizing With India Ink

My coat-hanger wire sculpture is just about finished. The base is a piece of white oak counter top ebonized with India ink. The base is attached to a polished piece of 16 gauge scrap for stability. The leaves mimic some I picked up on a recent trip to the sunshine state and are made from some dumpster scrap, thin, galvanized sheet. Just some fine tuning and polishing remain.
http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/florida1big.jpg
FWIW the table, made from primavera, was built about 4 years ago and shown on a.b.p.w in the past. Now that it's turned warm I have little excuse to can get back into my woodworking shop/garage. I got sidetracked on this metal crafting kick. Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com