OT: More attractive (less ugly) external house wiring.

I am repainting the house and need to re-run the external house wiring, coaxial cable, telephone, etc. Is there a more attractive way to dress these wires on the outside of the house besides multiple runs of stapled cable?

Reply to
scritch

PVC conduit? Run them inside?

Reply to
krw

Maybe that half-moon channel they use to run electric lines up and down utility poles?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Uh, inside a conduit?

Reply to
HeyBub

Plastic trunking?

Reply to
Stuart

Cover with a moulding.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 14:49:16 -0500, "Leon" wrote the following:

Ayup. Put up J-moulding, scritch.

Drill drain holes every couple feet and paint the surfaces. If you can't buy it the same color as the house or trim, paint it yourself.

-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

Reply to
Larry Jaques

& paint same color
Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Yes, I should have mentioned that. The paint is needed for UV protection, as well as looks (PVC is seriously ugly).

Reply to
krw

I think I used paint thinner last time I used PVC pipe to remove the stamped data. IIRC, it bleeds through paint.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Well, I don't know of a LESS attractive way, so I guess the answer must be yes. Can any or all of the wiring be run inside, either in the attic or basement or crawlspace unfinished spaces?

Neatest systems (important for business premise wiring) are based on a wiring closet. One gathers all internal and external wiring to a single interconnect site.

Reply to
whit3rd

Is it possible to reroute the wiring through an attic or basement?

Reply to
LdB

=A0Is there a more attractive way to dress

Scritch

WIremold has some "snap top" gutter that is nice. Many dimensions such as 1" X 2". Paint as desired. Also there are many other brands. Check with an electrical supply such as Graybar. PVC conduit is also nice. Needs mounts such as clamps. Try Home Depot.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ