OT: More attractive (less ugly) external house wiring.

I am repainting the house and need to re-run the external house wiring, coaxial cable, telephone, etc. Is there a more attractive way to dress these wires on the outside of the house besides multiple runs of stapled cable?

PVC conduit? Run them inside?

& paint same color

Yes, I should have mentioned that. The paint is needed for UV protection, as well as looks (PVC is seriously ugly).

I think I used paint thinner last time I used PVC pipe to remove the stamped data. IIRC, it bleeds through paint.
On 7/18/10 11:27 AM, scritch wrote:

Maybe that half-moon channel they use to run electric lines up and down utility poles?
--

-MIKE-

scritch wrote:

Uh, inside a conduit?

Plastic trunking?

Cover with a moulding.
wrote the following:

Ayup. Put up J-moulding, scritch. http://fwd4.me/XRz Drill drain holes every couple feet and paint the surfaces. If you can't buy it the same color as the house or trim, paint it yourself.
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

Well, I don't know of a LESS attractive way, so I guess the answer must be yes. Can any or all of the wiring be run inside, either in the attic or basement or crawlspace unfinished spaces?
Neatest systems (important for business premise wiring) are based on a wiring closet. One gathers all internal and external wiring to a single interconnect site.
On 7/18/2010 11:27 AM, scritch wrote:

Is it possible to reroute the wiring through an attic or basement?
Is there a more attractive way to dress

Scritch
WIremold has some "snap top" gutter that is nice. Many dimensions such as 1" X 2". Paint as desired. Also there are many other brands. Check with an electrical supply such as Graybar. PVC conduit is also nice. Needs mounts such as clamps. Try Home Depot.
Bob AZ