OT miter K gutters

This place is full of talent and DAGS was fruitless... Soooo.... I'm looking for patterns/instructions for mitering 5" K style .032 aluminum gutters. Anyone have a web resource or other reference? I want the job to look good after all the work I've put into siding, trimming and new window installation... I still have to recase the interior of the new windows, which will also require miters... those I can handle. ;-)

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

John You can 45 'em(or whatever) on your CMS with a POS blade, then make relief cuts in one piece to fold back into it's mate. Pop rivet them together with a quality gutter sealant 'twixt the laps. Or, you could buy premade mitres, inside and outside. Tom

Reply to
tom

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in = message news:mNnwe.14597$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net... | This place is full of talent and DAGS was fruitless... Soooo.... I'm=20 | looking for patterns/instructions for mitering 5" K style .032 = aluminum=20 | gutters. Anyone have a web resource or other reference? I want the job = to=20 | look good after all the work I've put into siding, trimming and new = window=20 | installation... I still have to recase the interior of the new = windows,=20 | which will also require miters... those I can handle. ;-) |=20 | Thanks, |=20 | John=20 |=20 |=20

I just had seamless eavestroughs installed on my house. Even the pros = use premade corners. A little silicone sealant on the joints and no = leaks. It is too hard to get good seals on DIY corners and the cost is = minimal.

--=20 PDQ

Reply to
PDQ

I've used the premade corners in the past... all those available locally are the thinner gauge stuff and I've never been happy with the connectors... though I suppose they could be lapped and sealed. The CMS is an idea I hadn't considered. I found that trying to cut the miters with snips proved to be very challenging and couldn't see a pro doing that in the field--too slow!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin