OT miter K gutters

This place is full of talent and DAGS was fruitless... Soooo.... I'm looking for patterns/instructions for mitering 5" K style .032 aluminum gutters. Anyone have a web resource or other reference? I want the job to look good after all the work I've put into siding, trimming and new window installation... I still have to recase the interior of the new windows, which will also require miters... those I can handle. ;-)
Thanks,
John
John Grossbohlin wrote:

John You can 45 'em(or whatever) on your CMS with a POS blade, then make relief cuts in one piece to fold back into it's mate. Pop rivet them together with a quality gutter sealant 'twixt the laps. Or, you could buy premade mitres, inside and outside. Tom

I've used the premade corners in the past... all those available locally are the thinner gauge stuff and I've never been happy with the connectors... though I suppose they could be lapped and sealed. The CMS is an idea I hadn't considered. I found that trying to cut the miters with snips proved to be very challenging and couldn't see a pro doing that in the field--too slow!
John
| This place is full of talent and DAGS was fruitless... Soooo.... I'm | looking for patterns/instructions for mitering 5" K style .032 aluminum | gutters. Anyone have a web resource or other reference? I want the job to | look good after all the work I've put into siding, trimming and new window | installation... I still have to recase the interior of the new windows, | which will also require miters... those I can handle. ;-) | | Thanks, | | John | |
I just had seamless eavestroughs installed on my house. Even the pros use premade corners. A little silicone sealant on the joints and no leaks. It is too hard to get good seals on DIY corners and the cost is minimal.
-- PDQ