OT: Merry Christmas

Page 2 of 2
Robatoy wrote:

I was selected for additional "random" screening at Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix. I said to the young Hispanic fellow, who was also selected for "random" screening (along with a young Oriental girl and a senior black male): "You know, you look more like a terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay on any funny business."
A TSA agent looked up from the computer she was inspecting (looking for bomb-making recipes) and admonished me: "There's no such thing as what 'a terrorist looks like'! "
"There damn sure is," I shot back. "They're middle-eastern males with names like Achmed al-BoomBoom. Didn't you get the memo."
She assented by silence.
HeyBub wrote:

No, she recognized you for a damned fool.
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

... snip

Being obnoxious to the people who enforce policy is pointless. They are just following orders that are set by someone else. It's the same as yelling at the sales droid or other front-line people. They don't make policy. Unfortunately, the powers that be know that and make the policymakers pretty darn hard to find -- *those* are the ones you to which your ire needs to be directed.

Rob Leatham
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:37:20 -0700, Mark & Juanita

No, it's not really all that hard. Stop spending money in places that don't demonstrate that they want it. They'll get the message. OTOH, Sears is still in business.
"krw" wrote:

The guy who controls Sears as well as K-Mart is known as a liquidator who acquires a company, then liquidates individual assets.
Sears biggest asset is property.
For years they've owned the majority of their stores.
If Sears doesn't survive, NBD for the majority stock owner, there is still the property.
Lew
Sometimes they simply liquidate for fast cash out for the next deal. e.g. dump the company and sell the assets which are worth more than the company by itself.
Martin
Lew Hodgett wrote:

krw wrote:

... snip

Definitely agree with that. However, when given shabby treatment, it is sometimes the principle of the thing where you want to get someone's attention besides just disappearing as a customer.
BTW, same thing is true for outstanding service. There was a hotel in Huntsville in which the young lady who greeted our party made us feel like we were walking into her home. I was quite surprised when I filled out the standard survey with my comments regarding her outstanding service and actually got a phone call from the hotel manager regarding those comments.

Yeah, go figure. Do they still pretend to do auto repair?

Rob Leatham

I needed a battery the other day and had a coupon. So I went to Sears for a battery. It was a huge garage that used to employ 20 mechanics. There were only three working there now.
The guy said that my right rear tire was about to die and I would have to replace two tires. I took it to my tire guy and there was nothing wrong with any of the tires.
I had them replace the windshield wipers. I got home and found a screwdriver wedged in behind the wiper blade.
Does that answer your question?
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Sometimes you can fight back against shabby treatment. A few years ago I went to a large department store to buy a bottle of perfume for my mother's Christmas gift. I stood at the counter and presently a matronly lady appeared.
"May I help you sir?" she asked.
"Yes," said I. "I'd like that bottle of perfume, 'Woman' by Jovan."
"No," said the clerk. "You want the one next to it, 'Man.' "
"No, really, I want the other one - 'Woman,' " I replied.
"Sir, trust me. They are completely different. It's 'Man' that you want."
"You're beginning to sound like my ex-wife. I really want the 'Woman' bottle."
"Sir," said the saleslady, somewhat exasperated with a difficult customer, " 'Woman' is for a woman. 'Man' is for a man. You're a man, so you really want 'Man'!"
"Fact is," I countered, "I'm planning on having a sex change operation right after the first of the year and I'm stocking up on all the gear."
"Eek!" [runs away]
Presently another lady appears, and, with squinty eyes, completes my transaction.
"LDosser" wrote:

===================================In the same vein, NEVER get on the wrong side of the wait staff of a restaurant where you are eating.
Lew

Just the thought of it makes me cringe ...
But it's simple; just be courteous to everyone. If they don't respond appropriately, go elsewhere.
Angela Sekeris wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.