OT: Me In a Music Video (get a good laugh!)

This is a 17 year young singer/songwriter whose album I played on. She also asked me to play in her band in this video.

So check me out in this teen-angst love-torn teenybopper music video and go ahead and laugh away when you see me on drums. The other old guy in the band is the producer of the album.

My friend directed and shot the video which turned out great and is very high quality.

-MIKE-

And this is me last Saturday being Santa Claus - no false beards here!

'm at that garden centre right through till Christmas, earning money for more tools!

Reply to
Stuart

a) looking at her I miss my teens b) hearing the emo thing, I _really_ don't miss my teens!

How come you weren't wearing the Official wREC baseball cap, in either the Normite or Neander flavor? Stop promoting other people that pay you, and think of us! We deserve the charity. ;)

RicodJour

Tasty. Now comes the hard part: exposure. The material and execution of this video has plenty of staying power to make it a long ways up the charts. Da Kids will love it. My 17-year old loves it...and I do. So... who is the dude with the goofy hat?

Reply to
Robatoy

dress or the dude'ette. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

A trip to the attic to find and check my copy (comp) of the video (on VHS) ... it was released in 1994, 17 farking years ago (which explains the cheesy once state of the art).

Jesuseaux ... I woulda sworn it was only five or six years ago.

Reply to
Swingman

And I guess since you were not in the band playing, that really could'a been you and Linda dancing at the beginning of the video. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

EXCELLENT! Say hi to the elves for me. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

The CD will be out around Thanksgiving and on iTunes the first part of Dec.

The hat's not goofy, the guy is. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

"dude'ette" brilliant. We called him "Bieber" during the shoot.

Reply to
-MIKE-

That explains my estimate of mid '80s, since country is generally a decade behind pop in terms of style/fashion.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Really excellent stuff. Totally pro in my estimation and I've done some studio work as an artist and producer. Must have been fun. The producer/engineer left the drums sounding pretty small but it isn't easy when they have to leave so much space for a piano.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Don't get me started. :-( There is room. Listen to a Bruce Hornsby record.

Thanks for the good words.

Reply to
-MIKE-

What are there, 3 or 4 in this thread already? This group is positively lousy with 'em. Musicians do tend to find other interesting things to spend time on, in my experience.

I'm a keyboard player by the way. Pretty active for my (advanced) age too. I've been in a 9 piece cover band for about 16 years now. Until this year we regularly worked more than 100 gigs per year ;not bad for "part-time". Things have slacked off considerably, but we'll probably have totaled seventy or eighty by year's end.

I was mentioning my newly-rediscovered interest in woodworking to someone the other day. She was quite surprised to hear that I would put my fingers in close proximity to rapidly-spinning sharp objects. Let's all take care, musicians or not.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Seems like this comes up every time I cross post. :-) Lots of musiods in here, yes. I think it's a natural thing for any artists: musician, actor, painter, etc., to be into another creative art form... woodworking.

I've done some session work with Charles Judge who plays keyboards for Faith Hill and he is also a very talented painter.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Not me, but I did make a wooden bucket that I could carry my tunes in.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

If you can make a model that holds a sense of rhythm you could sell them as a matched pair. I've met any number of potential customers in my lifetime, some of whom claim to be singers.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Well us drummers can't always be "King of the hill"

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Many woodworkers are in it because of the creative nature of the craft. Thus, those "creatives" are often also musicians of a sort.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

ILLEGAL ENTRY! NO XMAS CRAP UNTIL --AFTER-- THANKSGIVING, DAMNIT!

-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama

Reply to
Larry Jaques