OT: Me In a Music Video (get a good laugh!)

Page 1 of 5
This is a 17 year young singer/songwriter whose album I played on. She also asked me to play in her band in this video.
So check me out in this teen-angst love-torn teenybopper music video and go ahead and laugh away when you see me on drums. The other old guy in the band is the producer of the album.
My friend directed and shot the video which turned out great and is very high quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
ωxFhjuvjDE
--

-MIKE-

βœ–

And this is me last Saturday being Santa Claus - no false beards here!
http://www.witneytv.co.uk /
I'm at that garden centre right through till Christmas, earning money for more tools!
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
βœ–
On 11/15/11 4:24 AM, Stuart wrote:

EXCELLENT! Say hi to the elves for me. :-)
--

-MIKE-

βœ–
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 06:09:40 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

ILLEGAL ENTRY! NO XMAS CRAP UNTIL --AFTER-- THANKSGIVING, DAMNIT!
-- The problem with borrowing money from China is that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again. --Steve Bridges as Obama
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:51:10 -0800, Larry Jaques

A family had twin boys whose only resemblance to each other was their looks. If one felt it was too hot, the other thought it was too cold. If one said the TV was too loud, the other claimed the volume needed to be turned up. They were opposite in every way. One was an eternal optimist, the other a doom-and-gloom pessimist.
Just to see what would happen, on Christmas, their father loaded the pessimist's room with every imaginable toy and game. The optimist's room he loaded with horse manure.
That night, the father passed by the pessimist's room and found his son sitting amid his new gifts crying bitterly.
"Why are you crying?" the father asked.
"Because my friends will be jealous. I'll have to read all these instructions before I can do anything with this stuff. I'll constantly need batteries, and my toys will eventually get broken," answered the pessimist twin.
Passing the optimist twin's room, the father found his son dancing for joy in the pile of manure.
"What are you so happy about?" the father asked.
The optimist twin replied, "There's got to be a pony in here somewhere!"
Add pictures here
βœ–

Most excellent! It is a really good video, and I can't help thinking a) looking at her I miss my teens b) hearing the emo thing, I _really_ don't miss my teens!
How come you weren't wearing the Official wREC baseball cap, in either the Normite or Neander flavor? Stop promoting other people that pay you, and think of us! We deserve the charity. ;)
βœ–

Tasty. Now comes the hard part: exposure. The material and execution of this video has plenty of staying power to make it a long ways up the charts. Da Kids will love it. My 17-year old loves it...and I do. So... who is the dude with the goofy hat?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/15/11 8:25 AM, Robatoy wrote:

The CD will be out around Thanksgiving and on iTunes the first part of Dec.
The hat's not goofy, the guy is. :-)
--

-MIKE-

βœ–
On 11/15/2011 12:06 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

I did not laugh, but will if you indicate it was really you in the red dress or the dude'ette. ;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/15/11 9:02 AM, Leon wrote:

"dude'ette" brilliant. We called him "Bieber" during the shoot.
--

-MIKE-

βœ–
On 11/15/2011 12:23 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Well he does like to dress in women's clothing too. I'm confused.....
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/15/11 6:25 PM, Leon wrote:

Now, I'm confused. :-)
--

-MIKE-

βœ–
On 11/15/2011 8:16 AM, Swingman wrote:

A trip to the attic to find and check my copy (comp) of the video (on VHS) ... it was released in 1994, 17 farking years ago (which explains the cheesy once state of the art).
Jesuseaux ... I woulda sworn it was only five or six years ago.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 11/15/2011 10:53 AM, Swingman wrote:

And I guess since you were not in the band playing, that really could'a been you and Linda dancing at the beginning of the video. ;~)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/15/11 10:53 AM, Swingman wrote:

That explains my estimate of mid '80s, since country is generally a decade behind pop in terms of style/fashion.
--

-MIKE-

βœ–

Really excellent stuff. Totally pro in my estimation and I've done some studio work as an artist and producer. Must have been fun. The producer/engineer left the drums sounding pretty small but it isn't easy when they have to leave so much space for a piano.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Don't get me started. :-( There is room. Listen to a Bruce Hornsby record.
Thanks for the good words.
--

-MIKE-

βœ–

Well us drummers can't always be "King of the hill"
Add pictures here
βœ–
What are there, 3 or 4 in this thread already? This group is positively lousy with 'em. Musicians do tend to find other interesting things to spend time on, in my experience.
I'm a keyboard player by the way. Pretty active for my (advanced) age too. I've been in a 9 piece cover band for about 16 years now. Until this year we regularly worked more than 100 gigs per year ;not bad for "part-time". Things have slacked off considerably, but we'll probably have totaled seventy or eighty by year's end.
I was mentioning my newly-rediscovered interest in woodworking to someone the other day. She was quite surprised to hear that I would put my fingers in close proximity to rapidly-spinning sharp objects. Let's all take care, musicians or not.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/15/11 2:01 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Seems like this comes up every time I cross post. :-) Lots of musiods in here, yes. I think it's a natural thing for any artists: musician, actor, painter, etc., to be into another creative art form... woodworking.
I've done some session work with Charles Judge who plays keyboards for Faith Hill and he is also a very talented painter.
--

-MIKE-

βœ–