OT: Martha's Guilty

Page 4 of 5
snipped-for-privacy@removethis.wi.rr.com says...

It's already started. The Worldcom CEO has been indicted as have several of the Enron perps. Very likely this is going slow because the prosecutors know that in order to achieve convictions, they must have all the details covered in order to prevent having the perps escape on a technicality.
So how about bringing back the stocks and public whipping, heck we cold even hang a couple for good measure .
Bet you CNN couldn't wait to televise it, image if it was done on sweeps week. Larry King could even do "on gallows" interviews....mjh
(Charlie Self)

xrongor wrote:

He was a convicted bank robber who got pardoned by Ronald Reagan. He subsequently killed his wife, butchered her, and burned her remains in a barrel. Your tax dollars at work...
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd responds:

I love all these response about Slick Willie, as if he's the only politician who ever commited any kihnd of stupidity or crime.
Frederic Andre, commissioner of the Interstate Commerce Commission - said in 1982 he saw nothing wrong with trucking companies conspiring to fix prices or with a convicted felon's operating a trucking business from jail.
Malcolm Baldridge, Secretary of Commerce - spent $15,272 on office furnishings.
Donald Bogard, president of the Legal Services Corporation - contracted for the government to pay for his membership in a private club and for his trips home to Indianapolis and to provide him severance pay.
Charles M. Butler III, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission chairman - recused himself from past cases involving former law clients, but not new cases.
Anne M. Burford, Environmental Protection Agency administrator - resigned after disclosures that E.P.A. showed persistent favoritism to industrial polluters.
Robert Burford, director of the Interior Department's Bureau of Land Management - obtained a waiver from regulations allowing him to own an interest in grazing land administered by his bureau.
The whole list contains, IIRC, either 117 or 137 names. This is just a pick-up near the beginning, with no sorting for seriousness.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain
Now that you've established that Willy wasn't the only one guilty of committing a crime while in office what exactly do you propose I do with this information?
mel asks:

Point being, no one is innocent, and both Raygun and Slick are out of office and irrelevant.
Beyond that, you can think of what you can do with it, I'm sure.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain
"Point being, no one is innocent, and both Raygun and Slick are out of office and irrelevant."
I'll go along with that. At first I thought you were justifying by comparison. My apologies.

What crime?
p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net says...

I'll spell this real slowly, so maybe you will pick up on it this time: p-e-r-j-u-r-y
He lied to a grand jury while under oath. Now, for most folks, it doesn't matter what the lie is about, if you are under oath and lie, that is a prosecutable offense. However, in Bill's case, since the media kept screaming how it was "only about sex" (which it wasn't, it was about a pattern of behavior that up to that point, the left was screaming bloody murder about: sexism and use of authority to incur sexual favors) then lying about that was OK.
Walker (a thief) was also sentenced to probation, not jail. And committed a murder a decade+ after the pardon. Hence, Reagan did not pardon him from a jail sentence and set him free to murder. Unlike Norton, a convicted 1st degree murderer, who killed less than a year after being released by Dukakis.

Sleazy lawyers are despised by both liberals and conservatives alike. They are interested in making money for themselves, not for their clients. The victim of an accident is merely the tool to be used.
Sure there are some good lawyers, but too many are opportunists.
Ed
"Edwin Pawlowski"wrote in message

Can be succinctly summed up with the old saying; "One lawyer in a town will starve to death, two and they'll both get rich".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/05/04

I think the previous poster was referring to her retail product lines, the Martha Stewart kitchenware, trinkets, textile products, and other wares sold at stores like K-mart. Most of that stuff is indeed produced offshore.

exactly.
as for the production of her tv show there may be a few decent jobs there (it really doesnt take that many people to put on a tv show). but its not because of generosity. 'some' tv people just happen to be in the 1% of people in this country who have a union to protect them. martha stewart is just another rich person standing on the backs of hungry people and thought she could get away with lying. i guess she just wasnt quite rich enough.
randy
xrongor babbles:

WTF does genorisity have to do with it? No one accused her of being generous. Or even mentioned the word, in fact. It can take quite a few people to put on a TV show, and a single show can provide income for a number of people in production and administrative...ah, hell. Forget it. It won't penetrate bone.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain

ill just write it off to newsgroup miscommunication. happens all the time. i dont even think we are on the same page any more.
randy
mp responds:

Get out much? I know damned well what the poster was referring to. And overlooking, which is what I was referring to, both originally and above.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme says...

So we determine whether or not to prosecute a crime based upon how many other people might be affected if the perpetrator is convicted? Maybe we should stop convicting bank robbers if they have families who will be left destitute because their sole breadwinner will be imprisoned.

On 05 Mar 2004 22:55:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

besause she's a democrat.

says...

My understanding is that the US Attorney acting as prosecutor is a Clinton appointee.