OT: Martha's Guilty

Page 2 of 5
Because the Libs remind us too much of the Bolsheviks
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Charlie Self" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
KYHighlander babbles:

Really? Pitiful response. Makes me ashamed to admit my father was from Kentucky.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain
Look at this link cencerning bush and lay
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/bushlay1.html

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. She couldn't have been too closely connected to the Clintons because she hasn't died in a mysterious airplane crash.
You are right [as in correct ] as usual Frank, I heard that both the jury and the judge were all republicans .Besides Martha has offered to bake a cake for John [ one medal every two weeks ] Kerry at the convention. mjh

For someone who is so PC, I'm surprised you haven't heard. Juries aren't supposed to be trusted at all in the neoconservative era of permanent peace.
I wonder how long it'll be before the prosecutor gets a judgeship.

The business literature is there if you are interested in their perspective. Ditto on the legal commentaries.
Its all rather negative, but I do have one thing that should make you smile. Talibano leader Ashcroft is in the hospital and supposedly suffering. I'll bet he can get pain killers that terminal patients are denied in the name of the "war on drugs."

That reminds of Limbaugh, et al, who blathered about the Clinton "body list." Can you believe that there are actually people who believed that stuff?
Hey, did you know that Bush made assassinations legal through executive order?
All, very sad.
p_j writes:

Sorry. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I don't like the guy, but I've been there and done that, and those drugs are needed: when my pancreatitis hit, I was on a morphine or demerol drip for 3-4 days (things do kind of blur). Otherwise, it might never have resolved itself without the young surgeon in training--Let's cut! Let's cut! Let's CUT!--might have been pickling my gall bladder for me to take home. I've hurt worse--torn ligaments on both sides of my groin in an offroad motorcycle crash--but I do not want either pain back again.

No trouble believing it. After all, people do listen to, and believe, Limburger.

Good grief.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain
"Bridger" wrote in message

While not having "access to lawyers", or counsel, is not even possible in a military court, where the safeguards will be is in "judicial review" of the verdict of a military court.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/05/04

Obviously said by someone who has never had pancreatitis, take it from me the pain is almost unbearable the only pain killer I was given by the hospital was morphine........mjh

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:10:14 -0600, p_j wrote:

Damn, I can't find it in the list of all the executive orders he has given:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/orders /
Maybe you could point me to the date of the one you are referring to - unless it was issued in secret.
--
-Doug

Umm, are you denying the occurences of several plane crashes that happened and were reported (not reported by Limbaugh) and the people killed who had ties to the Clintons? Go ahead and deny something that happened, it isn't me that it makes look uniformed.

No I sure did not. Why don't you be a sport and back up your claim to the world by providing a reference?
Frank
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:25:19 +0000, Frank Ketchum wrote:

As slick as Willy is, let's bury this one (in a manner of speaking):
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.htm
--
-Doug

No, she was being charged because she broke the law and tried to cover it up, same as Nixon, same as Clinton. There is a whole community of folks that advised he to fess up, pay a fine and be done with it, she didn't and now she's paying. She wasn't even charged with insider trading for the coverup and interference with the investigation. Her own legal team has conceded she got the tip. See this from the AP > http://apnews.excite.com/article/20040306/D81549G00.html Nixon wouldn't have had to resign if when if found out about the breakin he had punished those who broke the law rather than covering it up. Clinton would have avoided impeachment and the BJ would have blown over in a few days if he had just said yep, and it was a good one, rather than lying under oath to a grand jury. Covering up a wrong doing almost always get you in bigger trouble than deed itself would. Martha was just arrogant and stupid.
p_j wrote:

That's for sure!!! As a young boy, I found the above to be very true. It took a few years but I finally learned. My Dad and the "Sisters of Perpetual Discipline", who _unmercifully_ guided my development in parochial school, made sure of that.
Was better to say, "I'm sorry Sister. I did not do my homework." Than to say, "My little brother ate my homework." In both cases, I still had to do the homework. In the later case, I also had to write on the black board 100 times, "I will not lie to Sister Mary Knuckle Smacker" (after having my knuckles smacked with that thick, 18" handcrafted walnut ruler her Uncle in the Black Forest made for her) And then still have to face the music when Dad got home from work.
It was simpler to just do the homework in the first place.
Overall lesson learned--If you screw up, don't lie about it...better yet, don't screw up!
DexAZ
Mike Hide writes:

Mike, you're a good woodworker. Let's leave it at that. Somewhere in the Consitution, it provides protection against the kind of things Bush's Babies are doing. Sooner or later, you guys will wonder where the freedoms went while you're hunkering down for the next 9/11, which will probably occur anyhow, in ways no one has yet foreseen.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain
actually they found her guilty because she broke the law. The reason she broke the law was she was rich and arrogant.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Bay Area Dave" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
: hmm... I looked on google news and thought it was 6. anyway, 4 or 6, : sound good to me, just because she is so arrogant...and rich <g>. Which : is why they brought charges anyway, I guess; to make an example of : someone well known.
As opposed to making an example of someone who did serious damage to investors, like the Enron crew. Stwart is a scapegoat.
    - Andy Barss
Andy, can you imagine her doing hard time though? Probably a big fine, and maybe community service, instead.
dave
Andrew Barss wrote:

Nope, most likely would go a Club Fed prison like the one at Eglin AFB where they have tennis courts and access to a golf court. More like confinement to a resort than jail.
Of course, you or I would get the max sentence and really do hardtime somewhere instead of the cushy jails the "rich and famous" get sent to
John