OT: Martha's Guilty

Page 1 of 5
Just read that Martha was found guilty on 6 counts! Now let's see if she gets more than a slap on her wrist.
dave
hahaha. thats a good one. i predict not even a slap.
fuzzy zeller made a comment about 'chicken and blackeye peas' or something like that, and it was truly just a joke about tiger woods, but he got his entire line of kmart products pulled. lets see what happens to martha...
randy

4 counts
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"xrongor" < snipped-for-privacy@spammyspam.com> wrote in message
D. Mo responds:

That's not her only loss of money. The cost of her lawyers, as poor as they were, has to be extremely high, and the slide in stock in her companies is going to cost multiple millions as well. Not that she's likely to ever be poor.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain

and
they
poor.
Quite true. Though in the long run I think "her" company will survive. I mean she's alradey lost control of the company and I think you'll see the Martha Stewart dropped from Omnimedia and the brands. The only major losses will be her TV show and the magazine (not that I personally feel any is a loss). That's just a personal opinion. I mean look at ImClone, the stock she dumped it rebounded. Not aying it won't be rough but the company can survive. Heck with the short attention span of ,ost Americans she may even get her show and magazine back in a few years. We love a good comeback story.
D. Mo
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are my own and have no bearing on reality. I refuse to allow facts to cloud my thinking.

losses
Just heard on the news tonight that some stations have dropped the TV show. It may survive, but is surely will take a big hit as stations and advertisers distance themselves from the felon image. Ed
just a little interesting tidbit i dug out...
sharon patrick is now the ceo of MSO and is the creator of the MSO business model. sharon patrick used to be a principal/partner in the company McKinsey and Company. mckinsey is famous for its business strategies involving rewarding management so greatly that they not only screw their regular employees, they drive the company out of business. she left in 1989, and in 1990 another former mckinsey partner, jeff skilling (are you catching on yet?) went on to lead another wonderful company, the same company that hired mckinsey to do millions and millions of dollars worth of studies to set up their business model, which completely failed. that company? enron.
everyone is in bed together.
btw, chelsea clinton just got a plumb job working for mckinsey!
randy
IIRC 4 counts... From what I understand jail time is mandatory but a maximum of 5 years per count + up to $250,000 per count... She and her partner in crime must show up to a probation officer within 1 week for processing.

hmm... I looked on google news and thought it was 6. anyway, 4 or 6, sound good to me, just because she is so arrogant...and rich <g>. Which is why they brought charges anyway, I guess; to make an example of someone well known. Not that I'd be adverse to finding her guilty if I was a juror, mind you!
dave
Leon wrote:

She's being charged because she donated to democrats including hillary clinton. The charges were such a reach that even business magazines had articles on how dangerous and biased the prosecutions were.
The best part was that she was charged for declaring her innocence. If she went down for that one, it will be a first.
Ken lay is livin' large though.

Yeah, let's build new jails to house all the donators to Hillary and friends.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Actually not a bad idea. House all the donators to Shrub & Co. too. Lock up all the lobbiests and rich people. Then the politic-rats won't have any money to bore us with stupid TV ads for twenty months before election day, and the congress critters won't have any particular motivation to go pass stupid new laws. It might even make being a congress critter a part time thing, instead of a career. Crazy concept, I know. Not what the founding fathers had in mind at all.
Bullshit
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"p_j" <p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net> wrote in message

You can even hear it from the business community. Its a typical modern prosecution. Get a witness to flip, drop original counts and charge her for essentially what was cooperation.
The sad truth is that there really isn't an alternative to suggest.
Don't really believe that but it is one of the best reasons for charging her I can think of.
--
webservant

Web design for churches http://www.gibs-web.ca

Another "rule of law" conservative.
p snipped-for-privacy@postzzzmark.net says...

... and another humorless liberal.
Mark & Juanita asks:

How come this stuff is only funny whne it's FROM a conservative?
Liberals respond like that and 68 Cons jump on them for being mean.
Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain

Ever notice how politics can make the most agreeing bunch of people turn on each other. Perhaps if there were no parties and those that governed were selected like jurors.

on
Ayup. Only thing worst is religion.
D. Mo