OT: Marion Jones ...

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:06:54 -0600, Dave Balderstone

In comparison to professional cyclists who get caught red handed and refuse to give in to the facts, ever... They just keep filing "defensive" lawsuits.

That excuses her behaviour?
http://improve-usenet.org /
On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 14:53:36 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Not at all.
She's simply a large notch above them for 'fessing up. But in the end, they're all cheats.

But you have to give her credit in this day and age that she has admitted to doing wrong and seems to be truly remorseful. Unlike, a certain politician that gets caught, confesses, recants, decides to resign, then recants again.

The logic doesn't follow.
One cheat and liar doesn't repent, so any cheat and liar who does repent is deserving of admiration?
Nonsense.
She's deserving only of our contempt. She cheated and lied, and weeps crocodile tears ONLY because she was caught. If she hadn't been caught, she'd still be claiming she never used steroids.
http://improve-usenet.org /

Hillary Clinton said that her childhood dream was to be an Olympic athlete. But she was not athletic enough. She said she wanted to be an astronaut, but at the time they didn't take women. She said she wanted to go into medicine, but hospitals made her woozy. Should she be telling people this story? I mean she's basically saying she wants to be president because she can't do anything else. --Jay Leno
"Well, the big story -- Hillary Clinton will be running for president in 2008. You know why I think she's running? I think she finally wants to see &nbs p;what it's like to sleep in the president's bed." --Jay Leno
"Top Democrats have mixed feeli ngs about Sen. Hillary Clinton running for president. Apparently, some Democrats don't like the idea, while others hate it." --Conan O'Brien
"In a fiery speech this weekend, Hillary Clinton wondered why President Bush can't find the tallest man in Afghanistan. Probably for the same reason she couldn't find the fattest intern under the desk." --Jay Leno
"Former President Bill Clinton said that if his wife, Hillary, is elected president, he will do whatever she wants. You know Bill Clinton -- when he makes a vow to Hillary, you can take that to the bank." --Jay Leno
A student from the University of Washington has sold his soul on eBay for $400. He's a law student, so he probably doesn't need it, but still, that's not very much.Today, Hillary Clinton said, 'Hey, at least I got some furniture and a Senate seat for mine." -Jay Leno
"Hillary Clinton said today that she wants legislation to allow all ex-felons to vote. See, this way all the Clinton's former business partners can vote for her in 2008." --Jay Leno
Hillary Clinton's 506-page memoirs have come out. So much of her personality shines through, that in the end, you, too, will want to sleep with an intern." -- Craig Kilborn
In Hillary Clinton's new book 'Living History,' Hillary details what it was like meeting Bill Clinton, falling in love with him, getting married, and living a passionate, wonderful life as husband and wife. Then on page two, the trouble starts." -- Jay Leno
"In the book, she says when Bill told her he was having an affair, she said "I could hardly breathe, I was gulping for air. No, I'm sorry, that's what Monica said." -- David Letterman
; "Last night, Senator Hillary Clinton hosted her first party in her new home in Washington. People said it was a lot like the parties she used to host at the White House. In fact, even the furniture was the same." -- Jay Leno
"Senator Hillary Clinton is attacking President Bush for breaking his campaign promise to cut carbon dioxide emissions, saying a promise made, a promise broken. And then out of habit, she demanded that Bush spend the night on the couch." -- Craig Kilborn
"Hillary Clinton is the junior senator from the great state of New York. When they swore her in, she used the Clinton family Bible. . .the one with only seven commandments." - -David Letterman