OT Mariano Rivera - lumberjack

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP22c1a78faaa34c72a5de3f900af39b4e.html
"Chuck Schupp of Louisville Slugger estimated Rivera averaged at least one broken bat for every two of his 1,038 regular-season games and 94 postseason appearances. At the rate required for manufacturing, he thinks Rivera alone has accounted for five to six trees of busted wood."
On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 11:43:31 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

What? He's never heard of a little glue and a coupla brads? Where's his greenness?
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke
In typed:

So what's your question? I appreciate your using "OT" but ... it's badly over-used here, especially since there is nothing, nada, resembling a question about ANYthing of any kind; only useless verbosty! Try a group that has something to do with baseball bats where you (gasp!) will be ON topic! And note that this group's name is NOT "ot"!
Note that I have no vendetta or anything similar toward you; but this group doesn't need all the "ot" egoes running around it, although you did make a weak attempt at putting it on topic.
HTH,
Twayne`

In future it would be most helpful if you provided a list of the OT post topics that you consider sufficiently on topic so I could ignore it. Thanks. ;)
RicodJour wrote:

List of acceptable OTs:
1. Gas prices 2. Home/Shop renovations and maintenance, especially anything electrical 3. Injuries 4. Global warming/cooling (NOT!) -- LOL! 5. Impedance and related words (see #2) 6. Baseball bat statistics (NOT!) -- LOL! 7. Anything shop related, metal working for instance. 8. Tool making 9. Lists of OT dos and dont's 10. Multimedia/youtube links that don't suck!
This is just a start. And please don't take it too seriously, unless you're posting off-topic. ;)
Bill wrote:

Oops, #5 was supposed to be a NOT!

On 9/18/2011 4:20 PM, RicodJour wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hilarious/252849242 /
RicodJour wrote the following:

Of the 28 posts that Twayne responded to in the last 60 days (He did not initiate any posts in those 60 days and I delete posts more than 60 days old, so I can't check further), 90% of them were admonishing people for posting OT messages. A couple of OT posters were not admonished because he had an interest in the message and responded to them. The most egregious OT response to a long time and prolific member was the following exchange.
Robotoy sends
> We buried mother today. I was in awe of the strength my > > nieces, daughter demonstrated in giving their eulogies. > > Me, I was just a blithering idiot. > > So much of my mother's strength has been passed on... all > > for good. (Thank God, because being on mother's shitlist > > was avery bad thing.) > > > > Now to enjoy some time with the remnants of my family..... > > > > ...then I'll be back to hound you > > sunsabiatches....hehehehe ------------------------------ Twayne responds. Then take some of that "strength" and apply it to relevant groups. Perhaps run your lazy ego thru a table saw while you're at it. ------------------------------
I have never, in all my years of usenet, ever used personal attacks or name calling on a poster, but I am going to use one now. Hold on a second...
......, ... ............. ... .... ..... .. .... . .... ... ....... ..., .........
OK, done. Sorry for the bad language.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Twayne wrote the following:

You must be a hell of a lot of fun to hang out with. Do you go to an event with friends and allow no one to talk about anything other than the event?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Why are you talking to this twit as if what he says makes any sense? Honestly, I've never seen such an idiot as Twayne so full of himself, yet having so little to contribute.
He's too dull to realize that "OT" in the headers can be used to filter out all messages not on topic. Hell, even a pet cockroach is smarter than that.
Dave wrote the following:

He wants to see and read OT messages so that he can perform his netcop duties. Otherwise, he has no raison d'etre.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You're right. It's pretty sad though. I guess everybody needs to put a purpose to their existence.
The subject it's self is O/T.
Next.
Lew
On 9/19/2011 7:27 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Is that twit still around. LOL