OT - Manly Songs I like

Page 1 of 2
Figured as long as peoples was posting songs I'd post a few of my favorites. Hmm, maybe next time I'll post the lyrics too, so we can have a group sing.
1. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure. 2. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away? 3. I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling. 4. I Just Bought A Car From A Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don't Run So I Figure We Got An Even Deal. 5. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You. 6. I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well. 7. I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win. 8. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here 9. I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lyin' On My Back and Cryin' Over You 10. If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now. 11. Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head). 12. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You. 13. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him. 14. Please Bypass This Heart. 15. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly. 16. If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me.
JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small
17. I Kissed Her Hand, I Kissed Her Lips And I Left Her Behind For You
I decided it'd be fun for everyone to print out a copy of the words, make a 50,000 party phone call, and have a group sing. I'll start it out with one of my old time favorites. http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/folk-song-lyrics/Five_Pounds_of_Possum.htm
JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small
I am a lumberjack and I'm OK...

I sleep all night and I work all day.....

(chorus) He's a lumberjack And he's O.K. He sleeps all night And he works all day.
I cut down trees I eat my lunch I go to the Lavatory (lav-a-tre) On Wednesdays I go shopping And have buttered scones for tea.

.. snip

Bloody vikings
Ah yss. Here's another you can print out nd well all sing it. http://www.autolyrics.com/lyrics/for/The_Drunk_Scotsman_Song/by/The_Irish_Rovers
JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small
Sun, Feb 18, 2007, 9:16pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlieb) doth contribute. 17. I Kissed Her Hand, I Kissed Her Lips And I Left Her Behind For You
Sounds like a vers from Greensleeves.
I kissed her lips, I smelled her rose. She crossed her legs, And she broke my nose.
JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep. - Mully Small
18. "I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better." 19. "She's Actin' Single and I'm Drinkin' Doubles." 20. "She's Looking Better After Every Beer." 21. "I Hate Every Bone In Your Body But Mine." --dave
[...]

22. "My Wife Thinks You're Dead" (Junior Brown)

Looks like the Ben Colder Songbook contents page.
I knew an organist in Columbus (OH) who sang somewhat irreverent hymns. Two of his favorites were "Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goal Posts Of Life" and "I Kicked The Dog That Pissed On Jesus' Cross".
I liked anything by Oscar Brand.
FoggyTown
J T wrote:

Thanks JT--I had this list once but misplaced it. Now it's saved for posterity.
Bob

I remember a song with a line that went something like
"Cut my thing off with a power saw fixin' the hole the meteor made in the roof of the barn."
--
FF

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Moral: never fix a meteor hole while naked.
Figured as long as peoples was posting songs I'd post a few of my favorites. Hmm, maybe next time I'll post the lyrics too, so we can have a group sing.
. . . 12. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You. . . .
I thought it was "..., And I Don't Love Jesus"
: : Figured as long as peoples was posting songs I'd post a few of my : favorites. Hmm, maybe next time I'll post the lyrics too, so we can : have a group sing.
: . : . : . : 12. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You. : . : . : .
: I thought it was "..., And I Don't Love Jesus"
I think it's:
and I don't love Jesus any more.
    -- Andy Barss
How about: "I tried to kiss her in the fog and mist". If anyone needs an explanation of that one, I will oblige.     missed,     jo4hn
The world today seems absolutely crackers, With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high. There's fools and idiots sitting on the trigger. It's depressing and it's senseless, and that's why... I like Chinese. I like Chinese. They only come up to your knees, Yet they're always friendly, and they're ready to please.
I like Chinese. I like Chinese. There's nine hundred million of them in the world today. You'd better learn to like them; that's what I say.
I like Chinese. I like Chinese. They come from a long way overseas, But they're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please.
I like Chinese food. The waiters never are rude. Think of the many things they've done to impress. There's Maoism, Taoism, I Ching, and Chess.
So I like Chinese. I like Chinese. I like their tiny little trees, Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin, and yang-ese.
I like Chinese thought, The wisdom that Confucious taught. If Darwin is anything to shout about, The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt.
So, I like Chinese. I like Chinese. They only come up to your knees, Yet they're wise and they're witty, and they're ready to please.
All together.
[verse in Chinese] Wo ai zhongguo ren. (I like Chinese.) Wo ai zhongguo ren. (I like Chinese.) Wo ai zhongguo ren. (I like Chinese.) Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien! (How are you; how are you; how are you; goodbye!)
I like Chinese. I like Chinese. Their food is guaranteed to please, A fourteen, a seven, a nine, and lychees.
I like Chinese. I like Chinese. I like their tiny little trees, Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin, and yang-ese.
I like Chinese. I like Chinese. They only come up to your knees...
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:56:44 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Aw c'mon JOAT - you just looked that list up - what about, "What do you do with a drunken sailor"?
How 'bout, "Big John", (jimmy dean version only).
What about, "Honky Tonkin'", by Hank.
How 'bout, "Sixteen Tons", by Tennessee Earnie.
And the inevitably dualized, "I'm Goin' To Jackson", (i'm of the waylon/dolly persuasion offa the live album).