OT - Manly Songs I like

Figured as long as peoples was posting songs I'd post a few of my favorites. Hmm, maybe next time I'll post the lyrics too, so we can have a group sing.

  1. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure.
  2. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
  3. I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling.
  4. I Just Bought A Car From A Guy That Stole My Girl, =A0=A0 But The Car Don't Run So I Figure We Got An Even Deal.
  5. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You.
  6. I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well.
  7. I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight, Cause I'm Afraid =A0=A0 She'd Win.
  8. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here
  9. I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lyin' On My Back and =A0=A0 Cryin' Over You
  10. If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now.
  11. Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head).
  12. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You.
  13. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Miss Him.
  14. Please Bypass This Heart.
  15. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly.
  16. If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T
  1. I Kissed Her Hand, I Kissed Her Lips And I Left Her Behind For You
Reply to
charlieb
  1. "I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better."
  2. "She's Actin' Single and I'm Drinkin' Doubles."
  3. "She's Looking Better After Every Beer."
  4. "I Hate Every Bone In Your Body But Mine."

--dave

  1. Her Teeth Was Stained, But Her Heart Was Pure.
  2. How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
  3. I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling.
  4. I Just Bought A Car From A Guy That Stole My Girl, But The Car Don't Run So I Figure We Got An Even Deal.
  5. I Keep Forgettin' I Forgot About You.
  6. I Liked You Better Before I Knew You So Well.
  7. I Wouldn't Take Her To A Dog Fight, Cause I'm Afraid She'd Win.
  8. I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like Having You Here
  9. I've Got Tears In My Ears From Lyin' On My Back and Cryin' Over You
  10. If I Had Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd Be Out By Now.
  11. Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Papa's Head).
  12. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You.
  13. My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I Sure Do Miss Him.
  14. Please Bypass This Heart.
  15. You're The Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly.
  16. If the Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Thanks JT--I had this list once but misplaced it. Now it's saved for posterity.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

  1. "My Wife Thinks You're Dead" (Junior Brown)
Reply to
bsa441

I decided it'd be fun for everyone to print out a copy of the words, make a 50,000 party phone call, and have a group sing. I'll start it out with one of my old time favorites.

in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

Looks like the Ben Colder Songbook contents page.

I knew an organist in Columbus (OH) who sang somewhat irreverent hymns. Two of his favorites were "Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goal Posts Of Life" and "I Kicked The Dog That Pissed On Jesus' Cross".

I liked anything by Oscar Brand.

FoggyTown

Reply to
FoggyTown

I remember a song with a line that went something like

"Cut my thing off with a power saw fixin' the hole the meteor made in the roof of the barn."

Reply to
fredfighter

Moral: never fix a meteor hole while naked.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Ah yss. Here's another you can print out nd well all sing it.

in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

Sun, Feb 18, 2007, 9:16pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@accesscom.com (charlieb) doth contribute.

  1. I Kissed Her Hand, I Kissed Her Lips And I Left Her Behind For You

Sounds like a vers from Greensleeves.

I kissed her lips, I smelled her rose. She crossed her legs, And she broke my nose.

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

. . .

  1. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You. . . .

I thought it was "..., And I Don't Love Jesus"

Reply to
ALF SCHUMWAY

How about: "I tried to kiss her in the fog and mist". If anyone needs an explanation of that one, I will oblige. missed, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

I am a lumberjack and I'm OK...

Reply to
tom watson

I sleep all night and I work all day.....

Reply to
Jim Northey

(chorus) He's a lumberjack And he's O.K. He sleeps all night And he works all day.

I cut down trees I eat my lunch I go to the Lavatory (lav-a-tre) On Wednesdays I go shopping And have buttered scones for tea.

Reply to
tom watson

Aw c'mon JOAT - you just looked that list up - what about, "What do you do with a drunken sailor"?

How 'bout, "Big John", (jimmy dean version only).

What about, "Honky Tonkin'", by Hank.

How 'bout, "Sixteen Tons", by Tennessee Earnie.

And the inevitably dualized, "I'm Goin' To Jackson", (i'm of the waylon/dolly persuasion offa the live album).

Reply to
tom watson

.. snip

Bloody vikings

Mark & Juanita

Mon, Feb 19, 2007, 10:45pm snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com (tom=A0watson) doth sayeth: Aw c'mon JOAT - you just looked that list up - what about, "What do you do with a drunken sailor"?

I dunno. Mug him?

JOAT When in doubt, go to sleep.

- Mully Small

Reply to
J T

: . : . : . : 12. My Head Hurts, My Feet Stink, And I Don't Love You. : . : . : .

: I thought it was "..., And I Don't Love Jesus"

I think it's:

and I don't love Jesus any more.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to