OT Makita Drill/Driver Sale, Amazon.com 149.99

Page 2 of 2
wrote the following:

The best solution is either to install a keyed chuck or use hex bits (or hex bit adapters.)
I have one of these for my impactor http://fwd4.me/Ry3 and some of these http://fwd4.me/Rzf ($17) for my little Ryobi drill driver. I got tired of buying new sets when I broke the 1/8" or 1/16" hex-mounted bits like these http://fwd4.me/Rze .
With the Snappy'dapters, I can mount forstner, bradpoints, or twist billdrits. The extra hex/hex nut slides over the 1/4" to make tightening the bit into the collet that much easier and considerably firmer.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

I have owned the 14.4v Makita, driver for about five years. I put up about 270 feet of cedar fence and a new deck; not to mention day to day use and it performs like a trooper. It isn't quite as stylish as this one but a good machine. The 14.4 version will drive a screw all the way through a cedar board if you aren't careful; but with a little finesse it is easier to control than my regular cordless Makita drill.
RonB