OT: Lost a dear friend, very skilled accountant and above all, my dad.

Page 1 of 4
Didn't wake up this morning. He, short of 2 weeks, almost made it to age 90. One of the funniest people I knew, he saw so much humour in so many situations and places.
While so much attention was focused on my failing mother in the last few weeks, he decided just to sneak away while we weren't looking. Oh so typical.
We'll be missing him. Married for 62 years, he always wanted to go first. He did.
Donations to your local animal shelters, he loved dogs.

Mijn condoleances, ook via deze weg. Stand by Ma, she'll need it. Glad Dad's passing was peaceful. Do they live close by? I know that it'll likely take much longer than you would have thought before you have get used to it, but I hope that you and Ma will be at peace soon.
--
Groeten,
Han

R:
It comes to all of us. Quite apparently, your friend left something good behind. That tells accomplishment. I commiserate. My sympathies to the wife and family.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

R:
Oh, if you want the name of the recipient appropriately calligraphed on a sympathy card, send me the envelope and I'll get it back promptly. The posting address works for contact with the obvious extraction.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
On 5/21/11 11:32 AM, Robatoy wrote:

My deepest condolences Rob.
--
Froz...

Sincerest condolensces Rob.

Sincere Condolences from us.
And thank you for placing us among those in you mind at a time like this.
RonB

You have my sincerest condolences.
On 5/21/2011 10:32 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Sorry to hear about the news. Probably not totally unexpected given his age however that does not make it much easier to take. Sounds like they way I would choose to go if I had a choice.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Doesn't matter when it happens, it's never easy.

You have a lot of that as well. I'm sure the two of you had a lot of laughs together at this crazy wonderful world. Good memories.

He probably couldn't imagine a world without your Mom, and wanted to go ahead and make sure everything was ready for her.

Done.

Rob,
So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last Labor Day. I still expect to come home and have a message on my answering machine from Dad, but it never happens. Time will heal the wounds.
Steve
Robatoy wrote the following:

So sorry, Robatoy. At least he went quick and peacefully. It's the way I want to go.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

My condolences to you and your family.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

My sincere condolences to you and your family.
He must have been an amazing person. After all, he helped create you!
I am sure that the many life lessons he taught you will be carried on by your and your family.
On 5/21/2011 10:32 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Very sorry to hear that, Rob.
The following has helped many in such times, Linda said to send it to you in hopes that it does so again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xF-uKhBvs

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Great, and appropriate clip! Thanks! Reminded me of the 6th part of the Dutch national anthem, played at my Mother's funeral. It talks about driving out tyranny, and was very appropriate for Mammie. Maybe it'll help Rob also. It is the second part of this rendition (traditionally the 1st and 6th are played, as here). The English translation is only soso, but there aren't too many good YouTubes ... <
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIg9VaMBi9o

--
Best regards
Han

My condolences as well.
I've been considering adopting an aged homeless dog lately. Maybe this is the impetus I need.
-Zz

Z:
That's the best commemorative idea yet. Having toured the shelters relentlessly and successfully after my dog snapped a chain on 7-4, the guarantee is you can find any breed you want. Bigger and older black dogs of all kinds have the worst luck in shelter adoptions.
There are a number of private German Shepherd rescue locations in your area and a fine Doberman rescue in Fillmore, if those breeds are of appeal. Most--if not all--have websites with pictures and animal histories.They would be happy to help.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey

One of the most affectionate dogs I ever met was a Doberman belonging to a friend of mine. Affectionate almost to the point of being a pain in the ass. But if you wagged your finger at her, she lie down on your feet...for a while...then soooowly put her head on your thigh...and then a paw... and if you let her... LAPDOG!! She could run down and catch a Frisbee...holy cow...

Don't post very often, but a reader and "lurker" for 6+ years. My deepest sympathy!
Bill Hall