OT - Looking For A Specific Book

Page 1 of 2
I've been trying to find a book and hopefully one of you can point me to where I can get a copy. I've been googling, used a number of other searches, checking evry on-line book seller I can come up with, including Amazon, also eBay. With zero results so far.
The title is: Single Shot Actions - Their Design And Construction, and written by Frank and Mark de Haas, published around 1986 I believe.
I've pretty much ran out of ideas where to look. So thought I'd ask here. I'll keep on looking, of course. Any help in this will be greatly appreciated. I'll put in a good word with the Woodworking Gods for you too, because there'll be stocks and forarms made out of wood.
I've tracked down book before, including a few with limited printing, much more limited than this one I believe, with o real problem - just that often most sellers were wanting way more than I was willing to pay. But thru perseverance I was able to get copies at reasonable prices. This one I can't even find any, period.
If you're gonna reply, please snip raher than copying the whole thing.
This is one time I've willing to have you e-mail me, IF you have an actual lead. Otherwise, either reply on-line, or not at all. Thanks.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool

Hi JOAT, Well, the title match isn't exact, but the most of the words match, the author matches, and the publication date matches: (Amazon.com product link shortened)73569125&sr=1-12 or, tinyurl: http://tinyurl.com/25z6px Kerry
Sat, Mar 10, 2007, 11:28pm (EST+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@teleport.com (KerryMontgomery) doth posteth: Hi JOAT, Well, the title match isn't exact, but the most of the words match, the author matches, and the publication date matches: <snip>
Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes. Anyway, that isn't the one, I've had a copy for years; and you can get a copy for a lot less if you shop aroud a bit.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool

Try this:
<http://www.directtextbook.com/editions/frank-de-haas-single-shot-rifles - and-actions>
There seems to be a number of different editions and the title looks like maybe it morphs now and then. I checked the first one on the list and Amazon has it.
Sat, Mar 10, 2007, 11:29pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (LobbyDosser) doth instructeth:. Try this: <http://www.directtextbook.com/editions/frank-de-haas-single-shot-rifles-a nd-actions> There seems to be a number of different editions and the title looks like maybe it morphs now and then. I checked the first one on the list and Amazon has it.
Every time I try it, I get kicked off-line. Anyway, I'm pretty sure what you found isn't it, bcause what I'm looking for is exactly like I posted, no morphing, and no rifles in the title.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:53:26 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Have you checked at http://www.abebooks.com? I think they claim something like 13,000 bookstores selling a hundred million books or something. I've found a lot of oddball stuff through them.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Sat, Mar 10, 2007, 4:09pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@bendcable.com (TimDouglass) doth query: Have you checked at http://www.abebooks.com? <snip>
Several days ago.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool

Could this be what you are looking for?
Single shot rifles and actions by Frank De Haas
Sun, Mar 11, 2007, 12:55am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (John) doth queryeth: Could this be what you are looking for? Single shot rifles and actions by Frank De Haas
Nope.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
J T wrote:

Have you tried contacting Mark de Haas directly? There's a phone number listed at http://dehaas.com/guns /.
The Library of Congress Online Catalog doesn't have a listing--it has 8 books by Frank de Haas, 1 by Mark de Haas, and 1 with both listed as coathors, but none of them have the title you indicate, nor to they seem to have _any_ book by that title. That suggests that it was never published in the US, at least not commercially--it might have been distributed privately.

--John
Sat, Mar 10, 2007, 10:01pm snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth posteth: Have you tried contacting Mark de Haas directly? There's a phone number listed at http://dehaas.com/guns /. The Library of Congress Online Catalog doesn't have a listing--it has 8 books by Frank de Haas, 1 by Mark de Haas, and 1 with both listed as coathors, but none of them have the title you indicate, nor to they seem to have _any_ book by that title. That suggests that it was never published in the US, at least not commercially--it might have been distributed privately.
Hah! All that looking and I never found a websie. I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
In the inside front of the book, Mr. Single-Shot's Book Of Rifle Plans, by Frank and Mark de Haas, it lists the book, and credits his son Mark as co-author. I've also seen rereferences to it, with quotes from it, in various forums, so I'm sure it was in fact published. The Book Of Plans was published by de Haas Books, so I'd been thinking it'd probably been published by them also.
I'll try the website, and I'll let you all know the results. Thanks.
By the way, the dogwoods in town are in full bloom. Mine are in shadow, so not in any blooms you can see yet. Suppoed to be 70 tomorrow. Damn winter, just keeps handing on. LMAO
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool

Here it is on Amazon - Not Available, of course.
<(Amazon.com product link shortened)- construction/dp/B000714EYK/ref=sr_1_22/102-9310230-5988949?ie=UTF8 &s=books&qid73600030&sr=1-22>
You saw this, right?
<http://www.directtextbook.com/publisher/vore
Your book is listed at the above link.
ISBN: B000714EYK
Here's the publisher info:
De Vore & Sons Inc (316) 267-3211 9020 E 35th St N Wichita, KS
Sun, Mar 11, 2007, 8:11am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (LobbyDosser) doth sayeth: Here it is on Amazon - Not Available, of course. <snip>
I know. I've been on their waiting list for it for a bit now.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool

Oh yeah, and FWIW here's their website:
<http://www.devoreandsons.com/
Sun, Mar 11, 2007, 8:14am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (LobbyDosser) doth posteth: Oh yeah, and FWIW here's their website: <http://www.devoreandsons.com /
I dont know who's site that is, but it's not the DeHaas website. All that link shows is a page with five pictures you can click to enlarge. ??? What am I missing?
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool

Nothing, which is why I said 'FWIW'. Though they Are the publisher of the book you are looking for and you now have an address and phone number.

Sun, Mar 11, 2007, 10:18pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (LobbyDosser) doth enlighten me: Nothing, which is why I said 'FWIW'. Though they Are the publisher of the book you are looking for and you now have an address and phone number.
Ah, then I "was" missing something. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
J T wrote:

Here's an outfit that claims to have one (Item #72 on the page), limited edition #300 of 2000 copies printed, signed by the authors, for 150 bucks. If there were only 2000 printed that might explain why it's hard to find.
Seems to have been published by a Bible publisher of all things, which might explain why it managed to not get into the LOC.

My dogwood died many years ago and I've never gotten around to replacing it.

--John
Sun, Mar 11, 2007, 8:32am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth sayeth: Here's an outfit that claims to have one (Item #72 on the page), limited edition #300 of 2000 copies printed, signed by the authors, for 150 bucks. If there were only 2000 printed that might explain why it's hard to find. Seems to have been published by a Bible publisher of all things, which might explain why it managed to not get into the LOC. My dogwood died many years ago and I've never gotten around to replacing it.
What's the link? Can't say I'd pay anywhere near that much for one, but would like to check it out at least.
I once worked with a guy who had worked for a publishing company. They frequently printed religious material - and also Playboy magazine.
They can replace dogwoods now?
JOAT It was too early in the morning for it to be early in the morning. That was the only thing that he currently knew for sure. - Clodpool
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in

So?
Find a seedling. That's how you get the best, you know, hybrid vigor.
--
Best regards
Han