OT: Life's simpler pleasures.

Page 2 of 2
On 12/30/2009 4:57 PM, Leon wrote:

Alright, as long as we're show and tell, here's my sweet, soft, gentle little pussy:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/NipCat.jpg
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Ywah that looks about right, just as she has had about enough of me.

I'll see your cat and raise you four. Yes, I have five of them. They do make life interesting at times. Nice looking cat, BTW.

I had a roomate with a Great Dane once.
He couldn't turn around in the hallway, had to back out. Nice dog though.
-Zz

Yeah ours, Moca has that backing out thing down pretty good. She only has to swing her head around to check progress once or twice. In the 80's we had another Dane that "would NOT" walk through a partially open door. The door had to be ALL the way open. She was also leery of the ceiling fan.
On 12/30/2009 3:01 PM, Robatoy wrote:

They're not all that pretty and they don't smell too good, but you won't find two better buds.
http://www.mts.net/~lmlod/The boys.jpg
Best of the season to all of you from all of us.
LdB
I Downloaded Thunderbird 3 yesterday. Don't think its quite ready for prime time yet. The composer kept trying to put %20 into the link.
I'll try it again, hand typed this time.
http://www.mts.net/~lmlod/The boys.jpg
If it doesn't work I guess it was never meant to be.
All the best.
LdB
On 12/31/2009 5:01 PM, LdB wrote:

part doesn't get included as part of the link in the message T3 displays. I added that to the other portion in my Firefox browser window, and saw the picture. Perhaps replacing the space with an underscore would cause the entire link to be displayed correctly.
Nice looking dogs - and I'm a cat person!
Matt

Worked fine on Safari4
LdB wrote:

It's the space between The and boys. embedded links thinks you are done at The. You might try enclosing in brackets:
<http://www.mts.net/~lmlod/The boys.jpg>

Rob Leatham

I guess Safari is designed to compensate for bad typists. <G>
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Nope, that didn't work either. When you have a space in the title, you need to use an ASCII equivalent: %20:
<
http://www.mts.net/~lmlod/The%20boys.jpg

Rob Leatham

In my PC's Firefox 3.5, clicking the link transferred only the part of the link left of the space to the browser. pasting the part to the right (including the obnoxious space) into the address bar ade FF render the page just fine.
Happy New YEAR to ALL!
--
Best regards
Han

The enclosed link with space worked fine here in Safari. The one with %20 works as well.
But in general, one should avoid spaces in URLs.
On 12/31/2009 6:01 PM, LdB wrote:

My bad. I took the space out of the file name. Think it will work this time. I guess it's me that's not quite ready for prime time.
http://www.mts.net/~lmlod/Theboys.jpg
Once again all the best to you. You know you're not a bad bunch. Thanks for the computer lesson.
LdB
On 12/30/2009 3:01 PM, Robatoy wrote:

It's all in how you start them out:
http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/SadieBelle?authkey=Gv1sRgCN-qxsTqv5rQfA#5443003061479250578