OT, Life in the twilight zone

Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.
Dad has been in ICU for 9 weeks with little hope of a good outcome, going from slightly better to bad and worse from day to day.
Sister in law passed away 4 weeks ago from renal failure.
More importantly still, my wife suffered a stroke in her sleep Saturday night a week ago, with having never regained awareness, she passed away and was buried this morning.
We had a great marriage and life together, not only married but true best friends, lovers and partners in our business and life, but she was only 49. Never leave anything unsaid between you and your love ones, you may not have tomorrow. It is not just other people that this happens to.
Of course her brother was the same brother in law that just lost his wife.
Me and my wife were primary caretakers of her 92 year old dad, who is also presently in the hospital, the duty to tell him of her demise fell to me, and through moral obligation a lot of his future well being and care.
As I have mentioned in the past, we raised Pembroke Welsh Corgis, I no longer have the will or time to do this by my self, so "Murphy Kennels" will be closing shop as soon as I can place the dogs.
Life just plain sucks sometimes, but my beliefs and trust in God, have sustained me, I can't imagine how people with no faith can withstand such trials of life.
My plans at this stage (which change minute by minute) are to simplify my life and concentrate on woodworking which has always been balm for a sore soul.
basilisk

"basilisk" wrote in message
Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.
*************************** My heartfelt condolences go out to you. My prayers for strength to you, also. It does seem to pour when it rains, at times. Still, your burden is more than most will ever have to bear.
Keep your soul and faith strong. Things will get better over time. Remember the good and forget and forgive the not-so-good.
-- Jim in NC
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 23:34:37 -0500, Morgans wrote:

Thanks

I don't know myself.
At this time, and for the last 3 - 4 years, I have more (and have had more) negative things going on than ever in my life. I am in situations that I could never have imagined, ever.
Nothing compared to your challenges, though. It is hard to imagine how so much can get put on one person. You have my true sympathy and hopes that things will improve for you.
Keep the faith.
Robert
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:34:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 21:34:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

My mother is relatively healthy, she is devastated be all the things going on with my dad and the passing of my wife. I have tried to not burden her anymore than she already is, I don't think I could face anything happening to her.
My dad doesn't know and I have no plans of telling him, if he should recover, there will be a time for that.
Robert, for whatever reason, I was unable to get back with you by email, I would very much like to donate to your work with wounded warriors on my wifes behalf, it is something we discussed before she passed. Send me an address, either here or at "bill (at) welshpembrokecorgis (dot) com"
basilisk

"basilisk" wrote:

--------------------------------------- My mother often told me, "Regardless of the burdens we are asked to bear, we are also given the means to bear them".
Hang in there.
Lew
On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:33:46 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I think your mother was correct.
My wife was well known and loved by all, she had worked with Gulf States paper Corp for 15 years in a capacity that took her to plants all over the eastern half of the US, rode in three day eventing from Chicago to Naples FL., and currently was a high school teacher, there were hundreds of students in attendance at the wake and funeral, I found myself in the strange position of comforting the students and worrying more about them than myself in turn it has helped me more than they will ever know.
The high school has scheduled a memorial for Tuesday afternoon and requested that I be there, I may ask to say a few words and tell the kids what they have meant to me and the legacy she left behind in them.
basilisk

basilisk wrote:

My deepest condolances.
As the others have said, keep in close contact with Father.
A Line from one of my favorite movies says, "Its to those who are the strongest that God gives the greatest challenges."
Deb
My condolences to you, as well.
When one door closes, another will open. I was "lost" when I had my stroke in 2002 and, again, after a heart attack in 2004. I just returned home, 4 days ago, from another heart attack on the 14th of last month. The little things of life will sustain you. Think positive. Good memories are the best medicine.
Sonny *I'm recovering pretty well, too.
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 07:26:23 -0800, Sonny wrote:

Thanks, I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you make a full recovery.
basilisk

nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com:

My heartfelt condolences also. I can't envision the troubles you have now, but as others have said, keep in touch and try to bear the burdens. My thoughts will be with you ...
--
Best regards
Han
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 16:04:20 +0000, Han wrote:

Thanks
basilisk

On 12/2/2011 10:25 PM, basilisk wrote:

Our family's heartfelt condolences for your recent losses. The hopes and dreams you both are still alive through you, and our prayers are for your continuing strength.
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:24:04 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Thanks, My wife was active in donating to missions for one place or another and I am trying to contact them and find what she had in the works for who and hope to fulfill all the obligations and promises she had made before her death.
basilisk

On 12/2/11 10:25 PM, basilisk wrote:

I'm very sorry for your loss. I pray that your memories of her will be of great comfort to you and that the Lord will give you strength to care for your father-in-law. Rick Warren once said, in speaking about facing a great loss, "In times of tragedy, we can either turn towards God or away from Him." It appears as though you are turning towards Him.
--

-MIKE-

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:24:14 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

In the last few days, I have spent a lot of time reading Job...
basilisk

On 12/2/2011 10:25 PM, basilisk wrote:

person to have delivered what you needed to learn and know in your life in such a short period of time.