OT - Let's Hear it for Global Warming!!

Page 5 of 6

AGW.... Al Ghore Witchcraft?
On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 17:26:48 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Androgynous alGore Whorosity?
Ackshully, you guys are missing the proper acronym. It's AGWK, or Anthropomorphic Global Warming, Kumbaya. You must pray afterward and anthro means man-made. We killed the planet and we're all gonna die!
The only problem is, the water and air in the USA are cleaner now, with more population, than they were 30 years ago. The USA now has more forested land than it did a century ago. We have more people but the farms are more productive. We recycle a whole lot and we have no shortages of minerals. The idiot alarmists are wrong on absolutely everything they spout off about.
For more REAL info, see Bailey's _Earth Report 2000_ and Huber's _Hard Green_. I wish everyone on the planet could read them. Then we could sit down and talk about how to truly fix our problems. People don't have to die from the "solutions".
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10

Snip
And just to put a different spin on things. This flock of sheep that buy into the global warming hoax are actually causing the problem themselves by their actions. When we were poluting something fierce back in in the 50's 60's and 70's we had no global warming. It was not until we started BS programs to clean up the environment that we caused GW.
"Leon" wrote

You win the politically incorrect prize for the day. Greenies causing GW?? LOL
Whenever a passionate greenie starts to lecture me on how I am damaging the planet, I tell them to kill themsilves to reduce the strain on the earth's ecosystems. That shuts them up pretty quickly.

THANK YOU! LOL

I figured their jaws would have hit the ground. ;~) That is so ruuuude. LOL
On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:51:57 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Did anyone ever get a tally of the CO2 spewed by all those guys going to HopenChangen and renting upwards of 1,300 limousines for the party in the blizzard there?
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10
England is really heating up too!!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/GreatBritainsnow.jpg
On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:58:06 -0600, Chris Friesen

Regardless of the truth of the entire Global Climate Change debate, you just used facts and logic.
I'm quite sure that's considered rude.
When the Dow Jones drops on a single day -- or for a single component stock -- I'll wait to see if these same people say that stocks are simply a bad long-term investment.

Not based on rural stations. see the darwin station analysis. The "heat" in 2009 oz is mostly UHI.
scott
writes:

South Korea is also experiencing the greatest snowfalls in 70 years.
On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:58:06 -0600, the infamous Chris Friesen

That's what cracks me up about you alarmists. You say "W're all gonna die as it gets hotter and hotter." then you turn around and make quotes like that. "3rd hottest" and "5th warmest" mean that weather has already been hotter than now HOW MANY TIMES?
The fact that the last decade hasn't become hotter should be a clue to you guys, too.
Keep Googlin'! Eventually you'll stumble over an unpoliticized version of the truth. <g>
-- We rightly care about the environment. But our neurotic obsession with carbon betrays an inability to distinguish between pollution and the stuff of life itself. --Bret Stephens, WSJ 1/5/10

Anyone mention climate?

Not going to change anybody's mind. According to the envirowakos, the cold weather you are seeing is due to global warming. I still haven't figured out how to make ice cubes in my oven but, according to them, it is possible. Guess I'm just not doing it right.

Proportional control swing? We are just on a low swing.
;>
Mark

If - and it's a big If - the Greenland sheet melts And all of the melt water dumps into the North Atlantic, the disturbance in oceanic currents could precipitate an Ice Age over most of Europe. The rest of the northern hemisphere might or might not follow. In this case there will be Falling sea levels and we'll need to get all the island economies to repay they aid they've been given.
On 01/06/2010 05:00 PM, CW wrote:

It's possible to use heat energy to move heat from one place to another. For several years I used a refrigerator that ran on a kerosene flame.
Chris

MANY years ago it was comon for a niver home to have air conditioning. The air conditionor was simply a group of gas lamps that burned to creat an air flow from the outer windows to the center higher and open section of the house.

I heard a couple from Central America commenting that you never had to wear a coat while there, for the last several years a coat is required.
On 1/6/2010 4:47 PM, RonB wrote:

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?video `571000001&channel=VBLOG_BASTARDI&title=Worldwide%20Cold%20Not%20Seen%20Since%2070s%20Ice%20Age%20Scare
--
www.e-woodshop.net