OT - Let's Hear it for Global Warming!!

Page 2 of 6

Not to mention geodesic aberrations due to the fact that the Earth is not a perfect sphere.
I said not to mention it. *S*

Measuring the universe. For all practical purposes, the universe is Flat.

Vertical or horizontal?

Vertical or horizontal?
Depends if you're going uphill or down.

Of COURSE!!! *slaps forehead*
My wife had a friend send her a picture from South Carolina of a frozen swamp.
Is this a sign of global warming?
It don't quite look right.
LDosser wrote:

The planet Mercury appears to be blissfully unaware of this.

But Cosmologists have decreed it so. And offered mathematical proofs.
LDosser wrote:

Which cosmologists are these?

There are several models of the universe, and IIRC all of them provide for a curvature. The exception would be the universe described as a Euclidean space, but I don't think any cosmologists buy into that particular theory. The question is not "is the universe curved", but "how exactly is it curved?"
Zootal wrote:

Yep, but Lobby Dosser was asserting that they had decreed it to be flat and I want to know which particular cosmologists _he_ has in mind.

Well, the universe is curved more on the left side, and excessive curvature is known to cause mental instability. Hence the global warming hysteria, campaigns to save the spotted owl, and all kinds of lunacy from the left :-)

Those following the Cosmo-line, I guess. But it's a sticky subject.
On Jan 8, 1:47pm, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

Are you stringing us along?

Are you stringing us along?

I doubt I have enough branes for that.

I doubt I have enough branes for that.
Robatoy wrote:

One string, two strings, three strings, four.
Viola! It's music to my ears.
Robert Bonomi wrote:

A little kerosene will clean that right up

Rob Leatham