OT/les giraffes s'amusent

Interesting video - enjoy

ChairMan

I know that animation has come a long way. But I just wonder, how much time, money and energy did it take to do this? And what kind of computer would it have required?

But giraffe high diving?? Only in some one's fertile imagination. It was fun to watch.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

----------------------------------------- Thank you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It is not animation. A friend of a friend knows the guy that helped train the giraffes. Took months.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I was that friend of a friend.

Reply to
Leon

to watch.

The French, obviously too much time on their hands ...

Reply to
Swingman

How come the giraffes coming out of the pool aren't wet? They leave no water trail on the deck leaving the pool area.

Reply to
willshak

There is an air dryer, like the ones at the car wash that blows the water off as they exit the pool. A friend of a friend knows the guy that installed it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Cool animation..

Reply to
woodchucker

Very cool animation. Certainly different subject matter. But they drank out of the pool. You KNOW one had to pee in it.

Reply to
Casper

On that score, it wouldn't at all surprise me if the people who did it were looking to hone their skills and advertise them as well. Beyond that, I like when people take on a challenge, even just for their own enjoyment.

By any reasonable measure, I have spent more time on my current woodworking project than could ever be rationalized on a cost/benefit basis, at least if the only "benefit" we'll allow is the resulting furniture. And shortly after I began it, my life got a bit more busy and complicated than before. But I'm learning something new, testing my skills against a challenge and getting a good bit of satisfaction out of it.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

Another one of note:

I know a guy who worked on this project. And once I had lunch with Santan Clause Snow White, they both SWEAR it's a real machine.

Reply to
Zz Yzx