OT/les giraffes s'amusent

Interesting video - enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=uFxnBrO9n7o

I know that animation has come a long way. But I just wonder, how much time, money and energy did it take to do this? And what kind of computer would it have required?
But giraffe high diving?? Only in some one's fertile imagination. It was fun to watch.
On Sun, 5 May 2013 01:30:04 -0400, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

It is not animation. A friend of a friend knows the guy that helped train the giraffes. Took months.

I was that friend of a friend.
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

The French, obviously too much time on their hands ...
--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

On 5/5/2013 1:30 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

On that score, it wouldn't at all surprise me if the people who did it were looking to hone their skills and advertise them as well. Beyond that, I like when people take on a challenge, even just for their own enjoyment.
By any reasonable measure, I have spent more time on my current woodworking project than could ever be rationalized on a cost/benefit basis, at least if the only "benefit" we'll allow is the resulting furniture. And shortly after I began it, my life got a bit more busy and complicated than before. But I'm learning something new, testing my skills against a challenge and getting a good bit of satisfaction out of it.
"ChairMan" wrote:

----------------------------------------- Thank you.
Lew
On 5/5/2013 12:51 AM, ChairMan wrote:

How come the giraffes coming out of the pool aren't wet? They leave no water trail on the deck leaving the pool area.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

There is an air dryer, like the ones at the car wash that blows the water off as they exit the pool. A friend of a friend knows the guy that installed it.
On 5/5/2013 12:51 AM, ChairMan wrote:

Cool animation..
--
Jeff

Very cool animation. Certainly different subject matter. But they drank out of the pool. You KNOW one had to pee in it.
Another one of note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyCIpKAIFyo

I know a guy who worked on this project. And once I had lunch with Santan Clause Snow White, they both SWEAR it's a real machine.