OT: Les Ford. RIP

Page 3 of 3
HeyBub wrote:

Excuse me?
Where the heck were you in the 60's???

Mustn't have been listening to Canned Heat either...
"HeyBub" wrote:

You have to do a little better than above to attract even the minimum value troll.
Better luck next time.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I got a couple of nibbles... I'll do better next time.
John Grossbohlin wrote:

Heh! Could have been completely altruistic. A few years ago, I bought a used truck with, unknown to me, a broken gas gauge. Well, it runs out of gas at 9:30 p.m. (in front of a Home Depot). As I stand beside it kicking the fenders, a Constable pulls up, asks whats wrong, and the following conversation ensues:
Constable: "I'll be glad to give you a courtesy lift to the gas station."
Me: "I'd really appreciate that. Thank you."
Constable: "You'll have to ride in the back -- my front seat's full of school books."
Me: "That'll work. Any old port in a storm."
Constable: "Before I let you in the car, I have to ask, are you carrying any weapons?"
Me: "Yes. I have a five-shot revolver in my back pocket."
Constable (taking a step backward): "You're kidding! Right?"
Me: "No, but on second thought I think I'll walk to the station. Thanks anyway."
Constable (with priceless look on his face): "Do you have a concealed handgun permit?"
Me: "Sure."
Constable: "Let me see it." (He looks it over, front and back.) "We don't see many of these...."
Me: "Duh!"

What'd they charge him with? Assault with a dead weapon?
nb

Wow.... missed that part of the story.
Missed the part of about an arrest, too.

Sorry, didn't mean hijack your thread...
Robert
HeyBub wrote:

"After news broke that music legend Bob Dylan was picked up by a New Jersey cop who failed to recognize him, President Barack Obama has invited the duo to the White House for what aides are calling a 'bong summit.' " <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andy-borowitz/obama-invites-dylan-cop-t_b_260369.html

I surprised at you posting a link to one of the few objective news sources in the USA. :-)
Luigi
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

I report, you decide.

Cop: "Can I help you with anything, sir?"
Stranger: "Nope, just wandering around."
Cop: "What is your name?"
Stranger: "Bob Dylan."
Cop: "and my name is Dick Tracy. Get in the car, smart-ass."